CB incoming noise

Jun 30, 2008
Hampton, GA
I just had my CB warranted due to a lot of static noise on incoming transmissions. On my way, it appears that static has been fixedm however, I still have some electrical noise. I know it's electrical because the noise busses with the change in engine RPMs.

So my question is, has anyone installed a noise filter?

If you are getting noise that changes with the RPM's it's a good chance that you are not grounded properly.

THere is also allot of solar activity as of late. That also has a huge impact on noise on the 10/11 meter radios.

If you are getting noise that changes with the RPM's it's a good chance that you are not grounded properly.

THere is also allot of solar activity as of late. That also has a huge impact on noise on the 10/11 meter radios.

I agree there might be a ground problem. Since this post, the sealer installed a new CB; you guessed it, it didn't fix thew problem. However, they sent me on my way as if it was fixed. Im taking it back in tomorrow and letting them do some trouble shooting. Hopefully, they find the problem quickly.

Having a similar problem with my intercom, lots of static and most time doesn't work. I spoke to the dealer Saturday and I am taking it in for a replacement on the 1st. The PTT button has no effect and neither does the VOX

In order to hear the radio through the headset while riding you really have to crank up the volume, as you slow down....the volume increase will deaf'n you. The external speakers work just fine, no static at all. At first we thought it may be the headset, but we have four different headsets and all get the same result.

we had this same problem last year and the tech reset everything to factory default...seemed to work for a while....but not anymore. I think there is either a short or a ground problem.

Having a similar problem with my intercom, lots of static and most time doesn't work. I spoke to the dealer Saturday and I am taking it in for a replacement on the 1st. The PTT button has no effect and neither does the VOX

In order to hear the radio through the headset while riding you really have to crank up the volume, as you slow down....the volume increase will deaf'n you. The external speakers work just fine, no static at all. At first we thought it may be the headset, but we have four different headsets and all get the same result.

we had this same problem last year and the tech reset everything to factory default...seemed to work for a while....but not anymore. I think there is either a short or a ground problem.

Good luck on yours. It really sounds more like a replacement for you.

It took awhile, but it appears the CB noise crackling problem is solved. After changing the radio (yes, the radio), the changing the CB module, then changing the antenna, I have clear reception. It appears the antenna was a radio antenna not a CB antenna. Now, if I was a certified HD mechanic, I would first start with the simplest item, the antenna. Folks, I don't know about you, but my confidence in my dealer mechanics is wavering. I hope when the oil s changed, they actually put oil back in.

Now I'm getting nervous! I'm having the same problems with my '12 Tri-glide. Replaced radio and now starting to develop road noise and no right side sound in head sets from drivers plug. Not looking forward to going through the trail and error process!

Now I'm getting nervous! I'm having the same problems with my '12 Tri-glide. Replaced radio and now starting to develop road noise and no right side sound in head sets from drivers plug. Not looking forward to going through the trail and error process!

If your having problems in the headset, eliminate the headset by testing it on another bike.

I believe part of my problem was a connection. That's because when the engine was not running, it was ok. Start the engine, I get all the interference.

The last time I dropped the bike off, I told them I would not take it home until the problem was fixed. They fixed it.

Some LED lights can also cause static in the CB radio. I had a Panacea LED tail light (Kuryakyn) installed on my Ultra at Thunder Beach one year and didn't notice it till I got home and turned on the CB. They said a small number of Harley's had the problem and mine was one of them. Returned light and got a full refund. They are great people to deal with. I Coon hunt and have also heard some of the new LED lights we use when hunting interfere with the new Garmin dog tracking systems. With that being said I have the LED headlight and taillights on my Ultra/CSC Trike and have not had any problems.:confused: I just thought I would mention this. Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png