One of my Most Unique 2-Wheelers....

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Having owned more Motorcycles than I can remember, and the same for most every Brand in the past 43 years, this was one of my most unique ones...2010 Honda DN-01...V-Twin with an Automatic Trans...shift itself mode or shift it manually with a thumb shifter.....

SmokiesTripJuly2009064.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009057.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009058.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009060.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009061.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009062.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009063.jpg

SmokiesTripJuly2009066.jpg

We took several Long Distance Trips on this Bike.....ThumbUp :10:

That is a neat looking bike, I've never seen one of those on the road.

Yeah, They were really rare....I actually enjoyed it a lot...due to havin' to change a Transmission Filter at Engine Oil Change Time, it was a Nightmare. Engine Filter was simple...."but"...to get to the Transmission Filter You did This:

(1) Remove Right Footboard and Bracket
(2) Remove Muffler Assembly and Brackets
(3) Remove All Front Lower Body Work
(4) Remove Rightside Body Work
(5) Remove Filter Housing, and O-Ring and Gasket
(6) Remove Filter
(7) Re-install in Reverse Order

Better have some Free Time on Your hands......:D

Wicked cool... I have seen one... ever! I am not big on the Auto trans on a bike... it makes sense on a trike but for two wheels no... I bought an older model year Yamaha FJR as all the newer one had auto. I hated it... How did you like it?

Wicked cool... I have seen one... ever! I am not big on the Auto trans on a bike... it makes sense on a trike but for two wheels no... I bought an older model year Yamaha FJR as all the newer one had auto. I hated it... How did you like it?

Never enough Engine Braking if You rode it aggressively in the Twisties....Extended Road Trips were Great. Honda should have put the Linked Brakes on a Left Side Lever like the Silver Wing, but instead had the Front/Rear Linked Brakes on a Right Side Pedal....awkward. Tiny, 3.9 Gallon Gas Tank.....coupled with the Trans Filter Change, These were my (4) Basic Reasons for getting rid of it......ThumbUp

(1) Remove Right Footboard and Bracket
(2) Remove Muffler Assembly and Brackets
(3) Remove All Front Lower Body Work
(4) Remove Rightside Body Work
(5) Remove Filter Housing, and O-Ring and Gasket
(6) Remove Filter
(7) Re-install in Reverse Order

Better have some Free Time on Your hands......:D

That would be a PIA.

cant say im familiar with this bike, but it looks long, streamlined, comfortable, and very well set up for a relaxing long haul. sometimes good ideas get past in because they dont meet popular misconceptions. im guessing on a wet day youd stay fairly dry.

Nice looking but kinda like a BMW in looks. I am wondering if any of Honda's design engineers ever hat to actually work on one. Its murder to reach the air filter on a Gold Wing, now I see you have about the same problems.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png