Going to Sturgis

The rally is much like any other rally. But it's the rides thats out of site. If you like music concerts some of the best play at the different camp grounds. If you are looking for something all the vendors are there. Get a guide to find everything. One day in Sturgis then see the sites. A lot of riding to see everything but it is worth it. Watch out for the buffalo in Custers Park. The badlands, needles highway, devils tower, etc all must see. The afternoon weather can be bad so keep an eye out. Have fun

Picture yourself and 150,000 other bikes out sight-seeing on the 2 lane back roads. Oh, and about half of them will be drunk, or hung-over. Go to Sturgis to drink, get tattoos, and puke on yourself. Go 2 weeks earlier, or 3 weeks later to ride the beautiful black hills, and see some really beautiful sites. Keep an eye on the clouds!

Everyone should go to Sturgis for the rally at least once. It is quite an experience. Our local HOG chapter goes down there in June on a three day trip. Leave Jamestown on a Friday morning with about 25 to 30 bikes. Stop in Sturgis on the way to Leeds where we stay. Saturday we go out in small groups or even singles to do whatever. Ride the many roads thru the Black Hills, Spearfish Canyon, go to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Custer State Park, the 1880's train in Hill City, Devil's Tower in WY, you name it. This is our 6th year doing this and looking forward to this year's ride. Even in mid June there are lots of bikes all around the area and tourist everywhere as well. The roads can be busy but not choked with traffic. The thing is, it's a great place to visit and ride and you can say you have been to Sturgis!

There are a lot of what I call "dealer tag" riders up there.

Folks get a Harley...sometimes the very first motorsickle they have ever owned and now think they are "obligated" to go to Sturgis...and they can't ride for #@&^!! Like Screwball said....lots of "drunks"... on bikes they should not or can not ride on roads they have no experience with. Go two or 3 weeks before or after.....BEAUTIFUL country!!

BUT...if you have never been, it can be a geat experience...above all have fun, be careful and very aware of all the other riders.

Have I been? many many many times, last trip was 12 years ago
Will I ever go again? most likely not

Been to the rally 4times now and wont go again but it is a unbelievable experience. One day in town is all you need and the riding areas are top notch. We do plan a 3 or 4 day trip up there this summer but not during rally time.

I should have been clearer, If you haven't been, you have to go during the rally, at least once. I've never been to the rally on the trike, I would think parking could be a problem. Back in my drinking and puking days had a great time. Now that I'm old and gray and an Iced Tea drinker 'off season' is a bit more fun. BUT if you haven't been during the rally, ya gotta do it once! Spend a fortune of T-shirts, take a zillion pictures of 1/2 naked women on the back of Harleys.... some of whom should never be seen 1/2 naked anywhere. Drink, puke, and tinkle in the alley behind the tree at noon. Eat the week old barbecue, DON'T drink the water, and make sure someone didn't pee on the toilet paper BEFORE you sit down. When you are done, throw away the boots you are wearing, that 'stuff' on the bottom that smells pretty bad will never come off. You will have enough stories in 3 days there to tell your grandkids for years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png