trike conversion....HELP

ltkbob

Apr 19, 2012
Key West FL
Looking to have my 2007 elect glide classic converted to a trike......I can't do it myself......any suggestions for good reasonable shops in FL....TN....or OH

Looking for the conversion to match a true Harley trike

Considered buying a new Harley trike but too much cash for a 62 yr old retired army guy.......appreciate any help to find someone who can do a good job

Thanks

ltkbob

From what I understand, there are a bunch of trike dealers and installers in FL, I would call around and get estimates on the kit you decide on. If you are looking to save a little doe, Champion offers a lot of bang for the buck. This statement is based on extensive research I have done. There are also very nice kits available from CSC and Motortrike, but they run more money-nice kits though.

Our beloved forum member Gorilla is in your neck of the woods-and has vast knowledge on this subject-you might want to shoot him a PM and pick his brain a bit.:D

Looking to have my 2007 elect glide classic converted to a trike......I can't do it myself......any suggestions for good reasonable shops in FL....TN....or OH

Looking for the conversion to match a true Harley trike

Considered buying a new Harley trike but too much cash for a 62 yr old retired army guy.......appreciate any help to find someone who can do a good job

Thanks

ltkbob

Hi from up the road in Kery Largo. Welcome aboard. I will PM you my phone number. We have a good shop right here in Key Largo. Most does California Side Car, but we will talk. Ted

There's a few places up here in west central Florida. Bikes to Trikes in Pinellas Park and Tampa Bay Trikes both seem to be good places. I think you looking at 12-13,000 depending on what you want. That would probably include Reverse. Long way from Key West!

Just a thought... or two. It will cost you 10 to 15 thousand to have your 07 converted. You will have a 96" 6 speed with about 700 pounds of body and a completely different gear ratio.

If they gave you 10 grand (I got that much for my 08 E-Glide Standard) that would bring down the cost of that '12 Tri-glide to 22 grand and you will have a 103" vehicle that is under warrenty and Harley will take care of the whole thing. I know that is a lot of money, but you are going to have that scoot for a long time, and it will bring you a ton of pleasure.

Good Luck with whatever you decide, maybe we'll see ya out there.

I spent some time in Central Florida this winter and rode with a group a few times that included a lot of trikes (mostly Hondas). We stopped a couple times at Trikes By Design in Inverness, FL. These riders were very impressed with this shop.
They handle all the major trike conversion brands.

Don't know if you have made a decision yet - I haven't been on in a while - but if you want to keep your bike & just convert it, consider the Frankenstein kit. They can probably refer you to a shop to do the work; the kit itself is great. And WAY cheaper than starting over brand new!

Just a thought... or two. It will cost you 10 to 15 thousand to have your 07 converted. You will have a 96" 6 speed with about 700 pounds of body and a completely different gear ratio.

If they gave you 10 grand (I got that much for my 08 E-Glide Standard) that would bring down the cost of that '12 Tri-glide to 22 grand and you will have a 103" vehicle that is under warrenty and Harley will take care of the whole thing. I know that is a lot of money, but you are going to have that scoot for a long time, and it will bring you a ton of pleasure.

Good Luck with whatever you decide, maybe we'll see ya out there.

What screwball said for sure. I finally came to this conclusion myself and I'm convinced I did the right thing. By the time I got a decent job I would have spent 15K+ and still would have had a 96" motor and no reverse, plus a 30 tooth sprocket to change out. The math wasn't there.

But there's another factor that to me is even more important. Given that Lehman is down for the count (and they were the biggest, oldest and most respected), can the others be far behind?

So what will you do if someone backs into you in a parking lot and shreds your body, only to find your conversion company out of business?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png