HF 4x3 trailer Project

Hello

Well last week I purchased a used HF trailer (Like new)
Like the one here:
40-1/2" x 48" Small Utility Trailer - 1090 Lb. Cargo Capacity

Got some plywood for the floor and I wanted to use a canvas bag. Well today went out of town and found a cargo carrier for $40. Man it’s pretty big...
It’s a karite voyager. Its 46x38x18. I think. Well for the price I could not pass it up... Got it home and checked to see how it would fit on the trailer...

Just right.... Still working on getting rails done..... I would like to paint the
cargo carrier a red/black color...

Any suggestions on painting over that plastic material?

See Pics:

trailer006.jpg

trailer009-1.jpg

trailer011.jpg

trailer012.jpg

trailer014.jpg

I bought the same kind of trailer from Northern Tool.

A friend built a wooden box for me (I needed 20" high and couldn't find a container).

But either way, this is a LOT cheaper than buying a pre-made trailer. They seem to run $1500 and up.

Hello

Well I got one of my projects completed... I can use a canvas bag with this set up. Overall it came out ok... Mind u first time I ever done something like this.

Added a two tier railing:

trailer001-1.jpg

After done painting:
trailer006-1.jpg

trailer007.jpg

Hi All

Well I just finished painting my cargo carrier... Let me say with one color it was good, but when I tried to do some trimming with some red paint it did not come out.. Had to repaint with black...Came out ok i though:

trailer012.jpg

trailer011-1.jpg

trailer014.jpg

trailer013.jpg

trailer007.jpg

Hi All

Well I just finished painting my cargo carrier... Let me say with one color it was good, but when I tried to do some trimming with some red paint it did not come out.. Had to repaint with black...Came out ok i though:

trailer012.jpg

trailer011-1.jpg

trailer014.jpg

trailer013.jpg

trailer007.jpg

If you want an idea to add some color to your carrier, how about using reflective pin striping to give yourself some color variance and additional reflectivity? Heres a link to a supplier who sells reflective pin stripping >>> Streetglo Reflective Tape. Reflective Pinstripe Pinstriping Installation Conspicuity tape

Tom

PS, Im going to copy your trailer and add mud flaps on my HF trailer :)

If you want an idea to add some color to your carrier, how about using reflective pin striping to give yourself some color variance and additional reflectivity? Heres a link to a supplier who sells reflective pin stripping >>> Streetglo Reflective Tape. Reflective Pinstripe Pinstriping Installation Conspicuity tape

Tom

PS, Im going to copy your trailer and add mud flaps on my HF trailer :)

Thanks Tom... I was thinking about the pinstrip thing .... Thanks for the website

Well since I have a three day weekend I decided to mess around with the trialer and got the lights now working correctly. So I headed out for a run with the bike and trailer ( first time) thru local rodes at 45 MPH tops. I tell you I though I did not even have the trailer back there at one point had to pull over and check. It ran pretty good. When I hit the 30 MPH with rough rodes I can hear the trailer but ran straight behind the bike. So Thinking of now putting on the cargo box to check things out.

DSC00030.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png