Turn signals of top box

Jan 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey Gang/Gangettes, Thinking of altering my top box lights to include turn signals and have come up with a couple of solutions and was wondering if anyone has done this or has a suggestion regarding this. Option 1, would like to change the constant running lights to work in conjunction with the lights on the MT setup. I want to take advantage of the higher placement of these lights (drivers view) to add turn signals. There is 2 bulbs in each light fixture, when the brake is applied the out side bulbs fire up brighter. Would be good if they worked to include signals.
Option 2 is there an after market light fixture available that fits in these areas that support the turn signal option? Perhaps with an amber bulb for signals?

And speaking of lights when the key is in accessories mode the license plate lamp is on. Is that normal??

Anthony
Take care.:wave4::wave4: snowing here for the next 36 hours, come on summer:mad:

Blackwillow, there are several wiring conversions on the market that will accomplish what you are asking. I used one from Chris Chrome and it works as advertised. You don't need to remove the top trunk, but you will need to remove the interior light covers and the outside lower trim from the top bit. Take the seat portion off and you should have all the access that is required. I also added Hyper Lights to the back side of the rear speakers for added stop and turn lighting.
Good Luck

Thanks for the replies guys, Had thought about doing something with the rear of the speaker housings. Will need to contact those suppliers as mine is an 07 not sure if there could be much of an issue there. Got any pics of the retros installed? Whats your thoughts on the plate light with accessory switch on??:Shrug:

If they are LED, it shouldn't be an isuue. Very low amp draw on the LED, unless you're going to have the accessory switch on for a very long period. Mine is a 2006 GW with a CSC conversion and the GW didn't change much,if any, from 06 to 2010. The Hyper Lights are LED and the running lights are on with the accessory switch when wired per the instructions.

Am looking at the Hyper lites and am thinking, the 8 led mods will work in the speaker sections as discussed. How did you mount these , via epoxy, or glues of some in ornate origin or did you cut and mount, if so what did you use for a trim mount??? Thanks for your help on this project.:cool:

They come with an attached adhesive and I added a touch of epoxy.They do mount on the exterior of the speaker housing. Two years on ours with no problems to date.

Re: Turn signals on trunk

I have the turn signal conversion. I put a string of leds in the speaker housing. I got them from oznium.com. I used the 9.5 string. I cut it down to 6 inch. The 4.7 inch string would have been enough. I cut a slot and glued them in with black rtv form a gasket. I filled in the spaces between with it also . Just use rubbing alcohol to smooth up and clean up. That is peratex PX#82180. I got the idea for another thread here. You have to take out the trunk liner to get at some of the screws of the speaker housing. I cut the slot and put a bead of the rtv on the leds. Left it overnight and put it on the outside. Carefully cleaned it up with the alcohol on a rag. Put the housing back on later in the day. Wired it to a spot under the seat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png