TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail

Nana

Reaction score
We are just over six weeks away from our second annual TrikeTalk rally!

:yay:
Schedule as follows:

Friday, May 15
  • Friday, May 15--meet at the Red Roof Inn (details below)
  • Dinner together (restaurant to be announced)
Saturday, May 16
  • Breakfast (options to be announced)
  • Trolley Tour Asheville Historic Trolley
  • Group ride to the Tail of the Dragon
  • Conquer the Tail of the Dragon!!
  • Phillips Motel, Robbinsville, NC (details below)
Sunday, May 17
  • Breakfast (options to be announced
  • Head home, or stay and ride some more in the Smokey Mountains with some of us!

NOTES:

I have arranged for a discounted rate for our group participants at the following two motels. NOTE: There is not a group or block of rooms being held for us, however, if you will call ASAP and reserve a room in your name, as part of the TrikeTalk group, you will get the discounted rate. Taxes are not included in the listed rates.

The motels' standard cancellation policies apply.

Friday, May 15 -- Asheville
Red Roof Inn-Asheville West --give code # CP526731 per Susan
16 Crowell Road
Asheville, NC 28806
(828) 667-9803‎
(800) 843-9999‎
(828) 667-9810‎*-*Fax

Including a 15% discount, the rates for two people/room are:
One King bed -- includes Wifi and microwave -- $63.75
One King bed -- option to add Wifi -- $55.24
Two Queen beds -- option to add Wifi -- $59.49

Saturday, May 16 Robbinsville
Phillips Motel (Phillips Motel, Robbinsville, NC 828-479-3370)
290 Main Street
Robbinsville, NC 28771
Voice: 828-479-3370
Fax: 828-479-8721

If she asks, tell her Lesley and Mike Harrison called to make the arrangements
Rates before a 10% discount are $40.00, $50.00, $55.00, or $60.00 depending on the room and amenities it has.

2. TrikeTalk T-shirts will be available for sale on a limited basis that weekend. To be sure I bring the correct size for you, please purchase a T-shirt in advance, and I will bring it to you and save you the shipping costs.

See the following link for T-shirt details and pricing:
http://www.triketalk.com/forum/trike...irts-sale.html

3. Although all are welcome, including last minute attendees, it would be helpful to have an idea of the numbers planning to come as we make plans for meals and the trolley tour.

I am really looking forward to the ride. I have my rooms and am ready to go! Hurry up MAY!!! :D

I am sorry I cannot make this triop as I am washing my hair:yay:
Seriously..I would love to come but I do not have enough holidays left for this year:(
Hope you all enjoy yourselves..

Seriously..I would love to come but I do not have enough holidays left for this year:(

Yea, Yea Wolf, any old excuse to keep from driving across 2000 miles of water.

So sad, Wolf. :( Wouldn't it be great to be able to call our event the Second Annual INTERNATIONAL Trike Talk Rally!
Maybe next year.

Bella & I booked our room for Saturday Night!

We need a head count so I can book the trolley.

My bride of 26 years and myself are for sure. I am soooo nice to her. She lets me buy things.

I am not sure yet. They go to all the Royal Star riding events. We may be a little to exciting for them.

LOL---But we will have fun! And we'd love to have them join us, so pass that along!

Drats, my group is going to be up there the weekend of April 22 - 26 2009. Wish I had met you guys sooner. We are traveling on 6 bikes and 5 Trikes. Last year we rode a litttle of 1600 miles in 4 days. This is a Boy's Ride - this year our wives are going on a Bahama Cruise, last year they went to Las Vegas - they like to have worn out the penny slot machines hahaha. You guys and gals have a safe fun ride. Still wish I could make it with ya'll.

Garland

GWT, my husband is going on a "Boy's Ride" to the Dragon the weekend after you are. But he is going back with me two weeks later as part of our TT-2 ride. Why don't you do that too!!!! We'd love to have you and your wife come, and you can never have too much trike fun, after all :D.

GWT, my husband is going on a "Boy's Ride" to the Dragon the weekend after you are. But he is going back with me two weeks later as part of our TT-2 ride. Why don't you do that too!!!! We'd love to have you and your wife come, and you can never have too much trike fun, after all :D.

lawdy lawdy girl, you sure make it hard for an ol gator. I would, but the week before we leave, Charleen and I are riding Crimson Lace up to Tuscaloosa for the Alabma Spring Game and then Memorial Day Week, we are taking a group up to Pigeon Forge and that area..... so, I guess I'll have to pass - well, it's more like my wallet having to take a pass, if you know what I mean.

And you are right about the Fun on a Trike :yes:

Bella & I booked our room for Saturday Night!

We need a head count so I can book the trolley.

Rats, not sure whether I ever responded to this, Mattel. Is it too late to count us in for the trolley ride?

Never too late Judy! Besides, I told him we were counting on you two :)

Being up there with you guys is still in the air for us. I'm returning from a 5 day meet in Maggie Valley on the 7th and must catch up with my work before I can even think about going back the next weekend.

I'm tossing in a possibility of just caging up and having dinner/breakfast with you guys then caging back Sunday morning. It's about 2 hours if I cage, I think.

BTW.. Front parking is limited at the Phillips or you can park across the street in front of the school. The hotel is on a back road off the main drag so there isn't much traffic.

When you ride into Robbinsville look for the Texaco at the intersection of 129 and 143 with the 6' chicken out front, keep going. You will see a sign for the motel at Laura St. but don't turn there. That road sucks. Go north to the next red light and turn left. The motel will be on the left 2 blocks.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png