Air shocks

Apr 2, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho, US
I have 2005 2+2 motor trike w/6000 miles. I am having problems maintaining air. We have inflated the shocks to 70psi and placed under water and replaced the shrader valve and can find no leaks. It wont maintain pressure for 24'. Any info or suggestions appreciated. Thankyou

It is very hard to find a air leek under your trike body. Only way I know of is to put dish soap and water into a spray bottle and spray all air fittings and look for bubbles. If you did this already, with no luck, then you will have to take apart each fitting, clean it and then reassemble it. Look at the plastic air line for rub or ware marks also. Greg

Hello
Do you have any warrany from installer/dealer? If yes I would let them fix.
If not,I would start with replacing the air lines instaed of looking for a leak.Air line kit for air shocks are real cheap at NAPA or other auto parts stores.
Didn't see what kind of bike the trike kit is on.Could be leak in airpump/compressor.
AND,what did you ever do to get that thing "tested under water" ?????
In my mind,I picture you riding into a lake wearing a snorkle !!

If you have the same set up as I do on my Motortrike. The air fittings that connect the air line to the shocks have a "o" ring in them,so the more pressure you apply the better they seal. Less pressure, more chance of a leak. These "o" rings dry out over time. probably best to replace the hose and fittings.

What is your Motor Trike...???.....I have a Gold Wing Version with an onboard compressor, My Wife's Motor Trike is a VTX1300 and has to be aired up with a Standard Air Compressor. If, like my Wife's, I kept airing Them to the Maximum causing Them to seal better, until they finally retain most air for at least a week now.....ThumbUp

If you have the same set up as I do on my Motortrike. The air fittings that connect the air line to the shocks have a "o" ring in them,so the more pressure you apply the better they seal. Less pressure, more chance of a leak. These "o" rings dry out over time. probably best to replace the hose and fittings.

It is very hard to find a air leek under your trike body. Only way I know of is to put dish soap and water into a spray bottle and spray all air fittings and look for bubbles. If you did this already, with no luck, then you will have to take apart each fitting, clean it and then reassemble it. Look at the plastic air line for rub or ware marks also. Greg

As I mentioned above you need to check each fitting on the air hose. One at the air shock / air bag and the other ones at the air pump or input valve. One or more has a leek and you can get O-rings at LOWES, HOME DEPOT or any auto parts store. I would just replace all O-rings and see if that is your problem. :Coffee:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png