production harley trikes

Feb 18, 2008
san antonio, tx
you know, i keep hearing rumors that harley and lehman are teaming up to build production trikes. i'm kinda bummed about that. i like being the only one, wherever i might go. i like the fact that trikes aren't considered "cool."

:cool:

I was in the local HD dealership, and asked about the Lehman/HD trike. They said that it will be a look exclusive to Harley, as the Motor Company has a hand in the design, and will look different than the Lehman designed kit for HD. Didn't know when we'll see it on the showroom floor, and the estimate pricewise was in the mid to upper 40's for a loaded Ultra type trike with the dealer profit center add-on chrome, grips, pegs, etc. They didn't know if a reverse was to be included or if the dealer would install one, either aftermarket or one the MoFoCo will come out with.

Yep, the Champion reverse works well, if I ever trike the FLHS, it will have one on it. Won't have a trike without a reverse. Been there, done without when I had a sidecar. Wondering if HD will come out with a reverse for thier trike, either standard or as an option. Can't see them having the bucks go to the aftermarket if they can help it.

yeah, there are a few companies that offer a reverse gear. costs a pretty penny. i would like to have one, but until i come up with $1300, i'll just keep parking uphill.

upper $40s??? wow! harley is really looking to screw some people up the bunghole, for that price! sad thing is, all they have to do is call it a "limited edition" or "anniversary edition" and people will be lining up for that crap. it s seems like harley celebrates some sort of "anniversary" every year. all hype to sell bikes. whatever. i'm done with my rant.

i love my bike and i love harley, i just don't agree with their sales tactics and eagerness to bend over every customer who walks through the door.

anyway, like i said before. i like my bike being "uncool". i like being the only one on three wheels.....and yes, i do like that attention that it gets me.

yeah, there are a few companies that offer a reverse gear. costs a pretty penny. i would like to have one, but until i come up with $1300, i'll just keep parking uphill.

upper $40s??? wow! harley is really looking to screw some people up the bunghole, for that price! sad thing is, all they have to do is call it a "limited edition" or "anniversary edition" and people will be lining up for that crap. it s seems like harley celebrates some sort of "anniversary" every year. all hype to sell bikes. whatever. i'm done with my rant.

i love my bike and i love harley, i just don't agree with their sales tactics and eagerness to bend over every customer who walks through the door.

anyway, like i said before. i like my bike being "uncool". i like being the only one on three wheels.....and yes, i do like that attention that it gets me.

I hear you and agree that H-D (and H-D dealers sometimes seem high handed but we must face the fact that H-D marketing is superb! I had a dealer tell me he makes more money on clothing and do dads than on bikes and bike service. It's not an accident that new H-D dealerships are located at Interstate highway exits.

My HD stealer told me he thought the Ultra trike would end up in the low to mid $30k. Although I believe that trike popularity will get a huge boost from HD production, if the cost is in the $40k range, it will certainly limit the number you see on the road.

My wife wants to hold out on buying (or building) her trike until we see the HD version on the showroom floor, hopefully in September. I can tell you that even though I can afford a $40k trike (not without some pain), I won't spend it!

Attachments

• IMG_20140125_091130_393.jpg
    IMG_20140125_091130_393.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20140125_091321_943.jpg
    IMG_20140125_091321_943.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20140125_133503_752.jpg
    IMG_20140125_133503_752.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 22
Chil-
I think if I were you I`d go ahead with my plans. The Harley dealer next door to me is building the Lehman trikes now. A new Triked Ultra Classic is $40K+ out the door. He says you will never see a new low to mid $30K Harley Ultra Classic. His lowest priced Lehman Trike is a basic vivid black one with no add ons at all. It is $37,033.09 plus freight, dealer prep, tax, etc, etc. and hes more reasonable than most on his bikes. Heres a link with pictures of it.

Harley-Davidson® 2008 FLHTCU Ultra Classic® Trike

Chil-

I think if I were you I`d go ahead with my plans. The Harley dealer next door to me is building the Lehman trikes now. A new Triked Ultra Classic is $40K+ out the door. He says you will never see a new low to mid $30K Harley Ultra Classic. His lowest priced Lehman Trike is a basic vivid black one with no add ons at all. It is $37,033.09 plus freight, dealer prep, tax, etc, etc. and hes more reasonable than most on his bikes. Heres a link with pictures of it.

Harley-Davidson® 2008 FLHTCU Ultra Classic® Trike

You're probably right about that! I'm guessing we'll wait and see what the MoCo presents in July and then make our decision.

Been riden Harleys all my life and thats all I`ll ever ride but I damn sure wont pay the stupid prices they get for their chrome teeshirts and high priced crap. The trike kits are another overpriced accessory they are pushin now that everyone gettin to old to hold their bike up. If I ever trike mine which I probably wont I damn sure wont get it through a Harley dealer.

Hogrod50, welcome to the forum. Since U don't have a trike and don't want a trike, maybe U might be able to help if someone has a problem with their Harley. Also I agree with U , you can choose where you want to buy a trike kit from and when and if U want to trike. <br />
Have a great weekend and Ride Safe.

they have gotten better i just dont think they are for me but thats why im here looking because my knees arent too good these days.

I just picked up a beautiful red Harley/Lehman trike from my HD dealer. Out the door it was 35441. They will add a Baker reverse for the six speed transmission if I feel I need it later.

The Motor Trike kit has reverse for the HD. It is a nice looking kit. Runs like a hose.....my friend is in Canada now on a trip with his and he loves it. Cost, a bike plus $10-11K depending on add ons.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png