• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Ever Used a Rental trailer to haul your trike with?

Mick

550+ Posts
Reaction score
I have an issue with mine and I need to rent a trailer to haul her with. Shes totally undriveable except to load on a trailer. I need to rent or if I could find a good soul to borrow one from. has anyone ever used a uhaul trailer to haul your trike with? Mines in dire need of help and my installer is 340 miles away. Any help would be appreciated!

Great minds think alike - I was going to ask the same thing (different reason, though - sorry about your trike problems!).

I knew one day I would have to ask this question but I was hoping it wouldnt be this soon.

I'll try it his way. Anyone around the Berwyn ,Cicero,Oak Park area of Ill have a trailer I could either borrow or rent to use to haul my trike?

Mick - I've used a 6' X 12" UHaul trailer with fold-down rear ramp to move Harley/Lehman trikes a couple of times. The catch is getting the trike into and out of the trailer without scraping anything vital. The ramp by itself is too steep; you'll either drag the mufflers or get high centered on the way in and on the way out. I was able to find a high enough curb that I could put the ramp down on top of the curb. That changed the angle just enough to get the trike in and out. Failing that, you'll need some sort of additional ramps to get it in there.

Mick - I've used a 6' X 12" UHaul trailer with fold-down rear ramp to move Harley/Lehman trikes a couple of times. The catch is getting the trike into and out of the trailer without scraping anything vital. The ramp by itself is too steep; you'll either drag the mufflers or get high centered on the way in and on the way out. I was able to find a high enough curb that I could put the ramp down on top of the curb. That changed the angle just enough to get the trike in and out. Failing that, you'll need some sort of additional ramps to get it in there.

With the wing I have to be careful of the overflow bottle catching. Most small trailers because of the length of some of the Wing trikes,this is their downfall. unfortunately with my neighborhood and the nmakeup of the area where I have to take the trike I have to find a trailer I can load her on with no issues. But I appreciate your help.

If your ramp is to steep, use 2x8 peices and progressively build them up. Then put them under your fold down ramp. Like making a ramp to get to your ramp.

Well after not having much luck and going to 2 Uhauls I decided theres no way in Hallelujah I'm going to put my girl in one of those pieces of crap. I havent had any offers from anywhere near my location and Uhaul is just begging to damage her so I guess Ill just have to have her transported. If the people that work the front desk is of any caliber that work in the back at Uhaul heaven help you with whatever you rent!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png