What kind of Scooter is in Your Garage...

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Right now we're down to one Honda PCX125 Scooter after acquiring the Honda CRF230M Motard, but we haven't been without some kind/size Scooter(s) for many, many years now, regardless of what, or how many Motorcycles we owned at the time. We've had Everything from small 50cc Ruckus Scooters to 600cc Silver Wings, and most sizes in between.....What do some of You have in the Garage...Post em' here.....ThumbUp

Some Pics of some of Our Scooter Fun.....

2008FallRuckusRally-146.jpg

2008FallRuckusRally-060.jpg

MAHAWKsSilverWing009.jpg

RUCKUSBOBBER-12.jpg

32500188.jpg

Saturday8-29-09023.jpg

SUMMERRUCKUSRALLY09SAT031.jpg

SUMMERRUCKUSRALLY09SAT008.jpg

Oh well, Ya'll get the idea...been a Lota' Fun....Post Your Scooters now.....ThumbUp

Don't have one now, but when I was in college, I had a sweet little Garelli moped. I had to mix the oil with the gas, which was kind of a pain, but that puppy was one fun ride--and allowed me a little more travel distance than my bicycle!

For me, a 2009 Kymco 250 XcitingR. For the wife, a 2006 Honda Helix 250 (she wanted one with a foot brake so I found one for her last year that was, at the time, brand new, with only three (3) miles on the clock). They are a ton of fun. If you don't have one, you don't know what you're missing.

I have a Honda Silverwing. I have owned it for about a year and a half and have ridden it all over northern California. I'm a large guy, but it has plenty of power and I love the storage. It currently has a Givi topbox on it to increase the storage space. I also like that I can do most of the basic maintenance on the bike (except valve adjustment...I let the Honda mechs do that)...

I'm planning a western states tour for August or September and I haven't decided whether to take the BMW R1100R or the SWing...either will do well...

Forgot to mention that I took the SWing on a 200-mile run up Highway 88 over Carson Pass to South Lake Tahoe yesterday. It did GREAT...

I have a Honda Silverwing. I have owned it for about a year and a half and have ridden it all over northern California. I'm a large guy, but it has plenty of power and I love the storage. It currently has a Givi topbox on it to increase the storage space. I also like that I can do most of the basic maintenance on the bike (except valve adjustment...I let the Honda mechs do that)...

I'm planning a western states tour for August or September and I haven't decided whether to take the BMW R1100R or the SWing...either will do well...

Forgot to mention that I took the SWing on a 200-mile run up Highway 88 over Carson Pass to South Lake Tahoe yesterday. It did GREAT...

We've owned 4 Silver Wings over the years....Fantastic Machines...ThumbUp

They sure are great bikes!

Here's the new one, which now resides next to, but does not replace, the SWing...2009 NOS Piaggio BV500:

SAM_0786600x450.jpg

Less power than the SWing, but handles a bit better because of larger, motorcycle-type, wheels and tires. Less storage.

9/3/12

Actually there are no scooters in my garage at the present time. However, I did own a 2009 Burgman 400 and a 2009 Burgman 650. Both were excellent scooters. I have had almost 50 motorcycles in my life. Everything from a 50cc all the way up to my present 2005 GL1800 Trike by Lehman. The 400cc Burgman was quick and quiet. I purchased the 650 just for the hell of it to see the differences, if any. The main differences in the two is that the 650 is a twin cylinder and the 400 is a single.

There is a definite difference in power and that is where the 650 out performs the 400. If you are riding two up, then the 650 is better. The only thing you have to get used to is the engine gearing down when you slow down. Other then that, I love both machines very much. I didn't want the weight of the big machines anymore so that is why I decided to go to the scooters. They are fast, quiet, smooth and very easy to handle. Good enough reason ? LOL. Burgman definitely makes the best scooters. There design and quality are fantastic.
Gordon from Delanco, N.J.
:GL1800:

Last edited:
I have a Vespa LXV150 (that's an LX150 with a slight hint of vintage.) It's a lot of fun to ride, has plenty of storage, and it gets great gas mileage. The scooter experience can be summed up in a few words: It's a hoot.

Ed C

It's interesting that there is such a common thread among us trike riders. In our garage, in addition to our HD trikes and our Nova (VW) trikes, we keep polished and ready to go our two Burgman 400's - hers with a Tow Pac kit and mine on two wheels (OK, so not really 'polished'). Seems we spend more time on those two funsters than our trikes lately.

We hope to link up with Skuuter and Mitzie again soon for another ride through the Tennessee hills since we're only sixty miles away near Huntsville, AL. I'm dreaming of Spring weather already and we haven't even gone into hibernation yet.

Merry Christmas, all (5 days away)!

Ok I want to see a real scooter ,only one is true VESPA ! Just kidding all nice but I do have a special love for the old vespa's. Dad had one when we lived overseas and would take mom my brother and I all together riding around the market places . I was only five at the time but still remember how much I loved that Vespa. Some day I may just have to buy one just to remember Dad and the old times .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png