TG rear tire wear

CSM

Jan 12, 2012
DFW Texas
This may have been talked before, but I didn't find it.

All you big distance riders; how is the stock rear tire wear? I am at 12K and my tires still look almost brand new.

I know on my two wheelers, rule of thumb was change about every 10K (+ or -)

what are you folks seeing or has anyone even changed rear tires yet and if so, about what was your mileage?

thanks

My wife (TNTriker) put 23K on her 2010 FLHXXX and I couldn't tell her rear tires had worn any by looking at them. Most of our riding is in the twisties.

I have 32,000 on my 11 t/g and rear tire looking good , getting ready to replace the front.

Your front lasted 32k????? :Shrug:

I have heard of people getting 40k out of their rears tires after all they are car tires on a trike that weighs less than 1/3 of the auto application. Is any one rotating their rear wheels?

We have 27K on rear of 2010 TG & probably will go another 5k, maybe more.

Would you say your riding style is Fast, Regular joe, or my 85 year old mom just past you? It seems that I get more miles out of my Harley Tires than GL 1800 and for me I think it's because I ride slower on my Ultra and tend to slow up in the curve too on it.

Would you say your riding style is Fast, Regular joe, or my 85 year old mom just past you? It seems that I get more miles out of my Harley Tires than GL 1800 and for me I think it's because I ride slower on my Ultra and tend to slow up in the curve too on it.

I would say somewhere between regular joe & occasionally fast, with common sense.

I replaced my front with 21,000 on it and probaly could have safely got another 2,000 out of it. Have 27,000+ on my rear tires and they show very little wear. I relpaced my front tire in like kind.

Yes I have 32.000 on my front tire and it is still plenty of tread on it. but I checked the tread depth and it is a little less than half . So its time to replace.

20,000 on front before replacing (probably had another 2,000). Had a RK, with Motor Trike kit changed rear tires at 40,000. They will wear out in the center of the tread first. Am running them on my pull behind trailer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png