New England rally

If we knew we would get 11 or 12 rooms we could have bargained for a better rate, he knocked of $5.00 a night. We have to get the # count early next year. That way we have a bargaining chip. We could solicit the other motels in the area, once we have that #. Yes my cost for 2nights was close to $190.00 with tax.

If we knew we would get 11 or 12 rooms we could have bargained for a better rate, he knocked of $5.00 a night. We have to get the # count early next year. That way we have a bargaining chip. We could solicit the other motels in the area, once we have that #. Yes my cost for 2nights was close to $190.00 with tax.

Since we're growing so fast, we have a committee being formed to work out details for 2013, and details will be shared on the forum in the coming weeks, so keep watching! We want everyone to be able to plan early!! :)

That's great. Maybe we can get more trikers from NH to attend. I figured more would read the TT web site and go, but not to be. I will try to get more trikers involved this and next year from NH, and hope to get more to attend the 2013 rally. We should have a great Rally this year! We will see how Super 8 treats us this year and then we can make plans for next year with them or pick another motel/hotel in the area. Do what we do at the Elks (org.), get bids from area motels/hotels for facilities, rating, and cost per room. Do this for two years and then get bids again for the next two years to break-up going to the rally to the same place.

It is nice to stay at different places so every couple of years you look forward to a "new" place. As we get more trikes going, then we have better leverage in pricing from the area motels/hotels. Also, pick different locations so every two years, some will travel less miles, while others travel more and it will make for better site seeing in different areas of New England. Can't wait to get going South for the rally.

See you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Last edited:
If yOu go to the Motell/ hotel with a list of 15 or more names for
Reservation they will think twice about what kind of deal u can get
We were at a disadvantage this year, just saying to set aside
18 rooms was not enough leverage. Also telling them you are
Taking bids from their comp. may make them give us a better deal
This should be a good rally. If everyone gets another person we will
Grow. Also nice to come as a group as or southern people are
doing, Md picking up one in Pa and one in NJ and finally in Conn.
See you in a few.

I want to send a big thank you to everyone who is organizing this event. I am so excited! I know we'll all have a blast and that this will become an event that grows bigger each year just like the number of Trikers is. I have never been to Mass or RI and I am so looking forward to seeing the sights as well as seeing all my new TrikeTalk friends. Just think, in 2 weeks we'll all be together. I can't wait!!!!!

Suggestion:
If you guys have settled on the details for this event, please go back to the first post in this thread and edit it to include: location, dates, hotel, activities, contact info, etc. Anyone potential attendees looking at this thread needs that info from the get go rather than looking through 9 pages of posts.

Just my 2 cents. ThumbUp

Been talking this up since Dec. We have 5 posts and now have 28 people and 18 trikes. If people do not know about it by now.
Next week we start talking up Trike Talk NE Rally IV

Been talking this up since Dec. We have 5 posts and now have 28 people and 18 trikes. If people do not know about it by now.
Next week we start talking up Trike Talk NE Rally IV

Im sure many are aware of it, but just like the TTRVI Rally the basic info of where, when and what still needs to be edited into in the very FIRST post in either this thread, or a new thread as your plans are locked in so that everyone, particlarly the new members, know the details. Most folks like to plan ahead as soon as possible so they schedule vacation time off work, make travel arrangements, hotel bookings, etc. You guys are doing a fantastic job....Im not critisizing, just making a suggestion to help your rally grow.

We don't have a trump card like Nana or a bazooka at ours otherwise we would've filled at super eight
When we did that first post we were still up in the air as to where we were going to have a rally III and as you can see we didn't find out until we got down about maybe 8 or even 10 posts , so I guess next year we're going to put one up on the and will just leave it there with just information and not keep posting to it . Can we freeze it so just the committee can post to it and then we can just add new info as comes along

John, Zook is only suggesting that the first post in this thread be edited to include: location, dates, hotel, activities, contact info, etc. Saves folks from searching through the entire thread for details.

Actually, Cheri (Spiritdream) made the initial post, and it would be best if Cheri updated her initial post with the final details.

I have no control over the 1st post.
I am saying it is kind of late for this. We will correct it nextweek when we start planning IV , planning on discussion at dinner. We now have a venue and location . We will have new dates hopefully and a motel with good rates.
Check it out Rally and Rides TT NE RALLY IV
Just noticed over 6,000 hits /views people did view it .Second largest viewed and the other 3 NE Rally threads are 3dr and 5th..so they know it is going on this weekend

John, Sherry, Jonsey:
Thanks to each of you for all you have done to make this NE Rally a special event.
My wife, Pam is like a kid before Christmas. This is her first overnight trip on the trike. I can't wait to meet up with Bill and Sherry, Mary, Leo and Jeanette at the Windmill diner in Danbury tomorrow. 4 trikes traveling together to Sturbridge, looking forward to it.

Tom

John, Sherry, Jonsey:
Thanks to each of you for all you have done to make this NE Rally a special event.
My wife, Pam is like a kid before Christmas. This is her first overnight trip on the trike. I can't wait to meet up with Bill and Sherry, Mary, Leo and Jeanette at the Windmill diner in Danbury tomorrow. 4 trikes traveling together to Sturbridge, looking forward to it.

Tom

Tom, We feel just like Pam. Christmas!! Will be soooo much fun! See you soon... :Trike1:

I'm leaving here Friday morning 6 a.m, & meeting NyTkr & his wife & we'll be heading East. Drive safe everyone & see you tomorrow night....Tis

We made it
2296B80F-F075-4F04-967E-E3EBC60D83AF-1542-000002F0F8EB26B3.jpg
[/IMG]

Almost all the trikes in a row 4 missing
D1A435C6-5754-4231-A201-833BEAF837FD-1542-000002EC21CD8CF6.jpg
[/IMG]
I can't post the pictures I took with the camera untill we get home. Cameras have been going off all day. We are of to New Port today ( SAT.) we should have a lot of photos to share. Having a good time

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png