Cb hand mike location??

I know a couple of friends have Harleys and they have a bracket on the left handle bar by the controls. Part number 76312-98 is for the whole kit which includes the microphone. I would get a mike hanger from a CB store and figure how to mount it on the handlebars. :)

If you have a triglide, the bracket wont go on there because of the reverse control box. I figured thats why they didnt suppy a mic with the triglide. We got a cheap mic-headset with the Tri.

One of my friends has a triglide and he mounted something on the left to hang his mike on. I will have to look next time I see him to see what he did.

My set up came with a bracket. I had to mount on right side. When I ordered this I just said for a dresser , do not remember if bracket was seperate.
Dennis

I have a 2010 factory trike and the CB came built in ... it also came with a headset & mike ... the push to talk switch on my machine is on the handlebar under the turn signal swich.

Are you planning to use a hand held mike instead of the one that comes with a headset?

There is a Harley part that bolts on the left control on the ultra. I also picked up a hand mike clip that has a couple holes to screw it on where ever, but what I did is riveted to a leather piece on it a keychain. The rivets I used was the hit it with a hammer so the rivet is flat on both sides. Then, while a a Doctors appointment at the Veters Hospital I bought a strap that lots of the staff hang their VA Staff ID card on. I hook the mike to the clip and over the head goes the strap and it's within hands reach. Simple to take off my neck and unplug and into the tour pak for safe keeping at stops or when I'm not using the CB.

I do like to have the CB on during longer road trips because the truckers keep updates with their chatter and of course it's also handy for bike to bike communications rather than the awkward hand signals or yelling. It also comes in very handy on runs when you hold a position of road captain or sweeper. I've had the honor of such positions on Ride to the Wall for Rolling Thunder and it was very useful then too.

But it is true that many riders are to shy to use a CB. Maybe it shows my years a bit there good buddy, 10-4. lol

Far as headset, yup, I use it for the intercon also, but I don't always wear my heavier helmet, sometimes I wear my light weight helmet that doesn't have the headset on it and then I sometimes don't wear a helmet at all.

The hand held mike works great and cuts into what ever mode I have my sound system on except when I'm listening to the tunes on the SD card in my Zumo GPS.

chappy

I don't even know how to turn on the CB on my trike. I only used the CB on my 1990 Ultra two wheeler one time since it was new.

Guess I don't need a hand mike!

My set up came with a bracket. I had to mount on right side. When I ordered this I just said for a dresser , do not remember if bracket was seperate.
Dennis
My friend mounted his on the right side just like Dennis. The 76312-98 part from Harley comes with the bracket and mike clip.

For years I have road tail gunner on allot of rides. I like to be able to talk to the lead and others on ride without always having a helmet on so we bought a couple sets of the mikes for that reason. Now I find I just always have it with me.
Like the idea of neck strap as sometimes mike is hard to get off bar clip, make it loose fitting and it always flies free at some point.
Dennis

I have all the Harley brackets that have been mentioned. I also have a drink holder on the right handlebar so that location is out of the question too.
When I wear my jacket, I have a clip on the coller that I can clip the mike to, but when i don't ride with a jacket I don't have a place to put the mike. On my trip to Rolling Thunder last week, I just hung it over the drink holder - it worked, but looked awful. I have seen an advertisement for a gas cap lid with a bracket built on it for cell phones, gps devices etc. I may try that or to save a lot of money, I may just drill and tap my existing cap for the H-D holder. Unfortunately that position interferes with turning the handlebars.

I like the idea of making a neck strap of some kind.

I guess what I'm really asking is if the passenger can use the CB from the back port, say on a group ride when we get elected to do drag. I'm to busy driving to be messing with a hand mike, and not too keen on being wired to the trike.
Thanks!

Good question. Since I've never carried anyone I don't know if the hand mike will work in the rear plug. I know the headset works there so I would assume the hand mike will also. But then you'll have to carry someone in order to hold the mike for you. LOL

Someone will know.

The old trike had a mechanical reverse so I used Harley's mike kit and mount when I traded for my TG I just got a u bolt threaded with rubber tubing to protect my handlebar drilled 1 hole in the clip so it would line up with the u-bolt right got a couple nuts mounted beside the reverse on bar. It works fine and I also use the new headset harley has that hooks over the ears sometimes winter I use a 3/4 helmet with built in headset from J & M

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png