Wobble in the steering

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, instead of going with the Roadsmith I went with the Champion. I do have a question, I just got it done about a month ago and had a new front tire added as well. When the bikes not started and I'm pushing back or pushing forward my steering wobbles, however when driving it does not wobble. Does anybody know what that might be? I know I have enough air in the tires, however any other suggestions would be great. I have a three year warranty but if its an easy fix I would rather attempt it alone rather than waiting to get it in the shop. Thanks

Did you have your installer also add the rake kit?

My Valkyrie had a significant wobble seemed at walking speed, but was great at faster speeds. A 6* rake kit cured all problems.

Liberty, i have a 6* rake and MPA rear tire on front and experience the same thing you are experiencing. It's the tire pattern, after a short period of time i paid no attent to it. Ride safe and often.

How can it wobble if the trike isn't running and it's setting still? But it don't wobble when it is running and driving it down the road. Or did I read this wrong?

If you are using the handlebars to push the trike and feel them move up and down, I'm guessing the nut that holds the upper and lower pieces of the Ez-Steer together needs to be re-torqued. The retainer nuts are not easy to get at and will require the top shelter and parts around the ignition key to be moved out of the way.

At slow speeds the trikes I have ridden have a wobble, and after a short time you get used to it.I have found nothing wrong with my trike , but you think about it and the tire is a little rounded and you are on a flat surface so the tire will wander some at slow speed.As the tire wears, the wobble cals down.

I had a similar experience on my 04 Wing/05 CSC. It was from the front tire. But caused by the forks not being redone correctly(I did them myself). One fork was overfilled and the other under filled. I also had to redo the spacers as there was too much preload(did not have the instructions for proper calculation when redone). I also installed linear wound 1.0 rate springs. Not sure what happened as I was very carefull when I did them. This caused uneven pressure on the front tire and you could feel the tread pattern on the tire (MPA in reverse). Tire was new. After adjusting the forks it pretty much went away. It never wobbled at speed only when pushing the trike. It also was harsh riding. After the correction it rides smooth. Just something to check.

When the bike is being pushed it will wobble . Gyro takes over at around. 10 MPH.

At slow speeds the trikes I have ridden have a wobble, and after a short time you get used to it.I have found nothing wrong with my trike , but you think about it and the tire is a little rounded and you are on a flat surface so the tire will wander some at slow speed.As the tire wears, the wobble cals down.

Thanks!!

I had a similar experience on my 04 Wing/05 CSC. It was from the front tire. But caused by the forks not being redone correctly(I did them myself). One fork was overfilled and the other under filled. I also had to redo the spacers as there was too much preload(did not have the instructions for proper calculation when redone). I also installed linear wound 1.0 rate springs. Not sure what happened as I was very carefull when I did them. This caused uneven pressure on the front tire and you could feel the tread pattern on the tire (MPA in reverse). Tire was new. After adjusting the forks it pretty much went away. It never wobbled at speed only when pushing the trike. It also was harsh riding. After the correction it rides smooth. Just something to check.

Hey thanks!!!

Had the wobble.Put new front tire on and no more wobble.Put a rear tire for two wheeled bike on front reversed tread.Love it.Can't think of the name,sorry.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png