What kind of seats do you have on your Tri-Glide

For those of you that have the Air Zeppelin seat which back rest works the best?
I currently have the style that uses a cable release that holds the back rest position where you want it. But when the navigator gets off she pushes the back rest forward which puts stress on the seams, DESIGN FLAW.

26,000+ miles and still sits/fits us perfectly. This RDL has seen several 12 hour days or more. Get off in the afternoon, wake up and get back on in the morning and do another 12 hours, over and over again. And judging by the hundreds of happy notes and letters plastered all over the office at Russell Cycle Products from around the world, I don't think I'm alone. Just sayin';)

That was my concern. I went with the Air Zepplin because it was big (like me) and was adjustable. I figured the adjustment feature would allow for infinite changes until I found what was really comfortable and so far I would have to say my theory was correct.

Hi I am a big guy too. Do you find that you are sitting on the tank. I have a 2011 triglide and my ultra was longer than this trike and ideas why??

I'm an Air Zepplin seat proponent. Just got back from Rolling Thunder and the Blue Ridge Parkway - 3000 miles and I'm ready to do it all over again.
I agree with Copasetic - you can constantly change the pressure points for a comfortable ride for thousands of miles. You can not do that on a static seat no matter how custom made it is.

After helping my dealer with the demo rides for 2 days, and sitting on all the different seats, when I got back on my TG the AZ seat felt like a Lazyboy recliner. What a difference.

:Agree::pepper:The Road Zepplin is the most comfortable seat I have ever used on a motorcycle. The ability to change the air on the fly to change a pressure point is awesome.

Roger

Hi I am a big guy too. Do you find that you are sitting on the tank. I have a 2011 triglide and my ultra was longer than this trike and ideas why??

I noticed just the opposite. For me it put me just a little bit farther forward. Not a lot. For me it's just fine.

I still don't get it. People will spend big bucks for a seat that feels fine when new, but then after a few thousand miles has to buy ANOTHER seat when that one becomes uncomfortable - and then ANOTHER seat after that and so on. Instead of just buying the RZ seat in the first place and being able to adjust it forever = big bucks saved. ThumbUp

Very pleased with the H-D Hammock seat I bought for my `14 Tri Glide. So is the BSR, and you know what they say about keeping her happy.........:laugh:

Jerry

Just completed a 5.5k ride on my 13 TG. The RZ seat was fantastic. A couple of 3.5 hr stints and a couple of 8 hr days my rear was never sore. I had to adjust and move a little but was ready to get right back on after the gas stop.

For those of you that have the Air Zeppelin seat which back rest works the best?

I currently have the style that uses a cable release that holds the back rest position where you want it. But when the navigator gets off she pushes the back rest forward which puts stress on the seams, DESIGN FLAW.

I have the same set-up as you. I have never found any problems with the backrest harming the seat. But make sure the protector is in the right place ! That spreads out the push on the seat & protects from tearing the cover.

Just a thought,,,, If all else fails you can push a button & take the backrest out. It's easy to do !

Have a RDL, for the last two years. Purchased the seat for my Ultra and moved to my 2014 Tri Glide.
RDL is the best seat my butt has experienced. It is expensive, but it is worth the investment.

Well, looks like I'm the only one who sits on a AirHawke R. :AllGood:

My butts happy :laugh:

Just about every bike I've owned, When it came time to sell' Went to the new owner with two extra seats. [also extra windshields] The only one that I was happy with the stock seat was my [ex] VTX 1800... And now with about 28k my 11T/G...

I may try one .... RevZilla is pretty close to me .... and they have great prices.

Bob :Dorag:

Your lucky, wish I lived close to them. I've purchased many items from them, and they are great for customer service. Shipping is fast, service is great and they give you rewards dollars for next purchase. And no, I don't work for them and I didn't get paid for saying this. Great company to do business with. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png