What kind of seats do you have on your Tri-Glide

gottab3, you will love the AZ seat. I think I've only read one complaint on it.
Another thing you can do for comfort, if you haven't already done it, is lower the psi in the rear wheels to around 22psi to 26psi. When I first read that here I thought that was crazy lowering that low, but it makes a world of difference. ThumbUp

It's not the miles that count - it's the hours of seat time that matters. When I did the Skyline/BRP/Cherokala last year, most days I did about 200 miles and it took 5 to 7 hours. One day I did 336 miles and it took me almost 10 hours. I think those kind of miles are worse the highway miles. :D

If you don't have a seat custom made for your body, I don't see how a seat of the shelf made for hundreds of different riders can possibly be comfortable for any length of time.

Thanks for your responses. I'm demo-ing one now and the difference was immediately noticeable...for the better. A lot of pain disappeared before I left the dealer's lot.

I swithced to the Harley Hammock looking for something a little wider with a little more support. That was a good move and it works well. I added an AirHawk and that helped more. Just added the AirHawk R. The R version is cut a little differently and is a bit wider to match the seat. That seems to have hit the spot for me. It has been very comfortable on longer rides in the 250 to 300 mile per day range.

GLenn

I agree! I love the AirHawk R. Check out there "You Bet your Ass Guarantee"

Wanting to try the air zeppelin on 2012 Triglide . Still would not leave home without my sheep skin from Alaskan Leather's . It never gets hot when you park your trike in the sun , not even here in Texas !

Try taking your wallet out of your left back pocket if thats where you keep it. I had the same problem, and taking my wallet out solved the problem

My wallet comes out of my pocket every time I go to a Harley Dealership and my a$$ still hurts when I leave,,,even though my wallet is thinner.

Try taking your wallet out of your left back pocket if thats where you keep it. I had the same problem, and taking my wallet out solved the problem

It might sound dumb, but it does make a huge difference. Or you can buy Wrangler jeans. They're designed so the back pockets are further to the side so you don't sit on your wallet. Them cowboys are smart!! Still wish I had the AZ seat. It's on my wish list sometime down the road.

I sure agree with most posts - every time I go to the H.D. shop my wallet gets thinner also - but love my Hammock seat! Spent mucho $'s there over the years but LOVE TO RIDE........Pete
:wave4:

I must be very lucky to have a posterior the same shape and size as the seat designer for Harley. With the added back rest the stock seat 'sits' just fine.

Screwball, I've pretty much got the same non-issue. Ridden stock seats for the past 13 years with no problems at all, but would like to see what the Air Zeppelin seat feels like. Lots of good reviews and comments on it. Oh well, maybe someday.

Does anyone know of any dealers that are in the NY Tristate area that will let you try out a seat and if you don't like it can return it? My local dealer will not accommodate. Does the AZ use a compressor?
Since getting on new trike my butt hurts on a short ride.
I guess I'll be doing a lot of stretching between the miles.

HD Road Zepplin, nothing even comes close. Take that from who has spent a fortune on harley seats over the years. My wife would not ride on anything else. While we were in Maggie Valley a couple of years ago at the rally, a lady from TX recommended the Road Zep, we got one and have liked it a lot since. Thanks to the lady from TX.

gamechngr, I said the same thing in a previous post. Since buying a seat is a major undertaking and you have to live with it forever(?), you would think a mfg or dealer would let you test drive a seat before laying out tons of $$$$. I wouldn't even cocider a new seat without testing it first - for at least 500 miles -minimum. The only exception would be the H-D Road Zepplin seat - only because if it didn't fit out of the box - you can change it to YOUR comfort level - infinately. No other seat can make that claim.

If you buy a seat off the shelf(which you are doing with any static one size fits all seat) you take your chance since you may not like it whereas someone else will love it - everyone has a different set of buns. :).

I can understand a dealer not wanting to give test rides because of the costs and logistics asssociated with doing that.

At least H-D has a "fitness" set of seats that you can sit on and get a general idea, but not the same thing as a real test of miles will give. :D

Bottom line is it's a costly mistake if down the line the seat you buy doesn't measure up to your expectations on a long ride.

I have a brand new seat on the way, a new replacement seat. This is the fifth replacement seat Harley has warrantied. The seats rip at the seam. So as long as they keep replacing them I will ride a new stock seat :) Life is good!

Does anyone know of any dealers that are in the NY Tristate area that will let you try out a seat and if you don't like it can return it? My local dealer will not accommodate. Does the AZ use a compressor?
Since getting on new trike my butt hurts on a short ride.
I guess I'll be doing a lot of stretching between the miles.

Some HD dealers have demo seats. Last Friday I temporarily swapped my seat for the Road Zeppilin demo. Returned the next day and they put mine back on. I ordered a new seat which should be in today or tomorrow. As a side note, their demo seats have "demo" all over them in orange print.

So did you return the Road Zep because you didnt like it?

And yes I experienced the same seam tearing on my 2012 trike but Sandy prevented me from replacing it under warranty. Maybe i should wait till my stock seat on my 2013 tears,WHICH WE KNOW IT WILL, and then get a new Zep!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png