sad day in wi yesterday

Unfortunately your link doesn't work, Dick. Can you check it an repost it using the original URL from the article? It looks like you've only got a partial link posted here.

This type of happening is too common and there must be some laws changed to give people more incentive to drive carefully and not to text or talk on cell phones while driving! How many people have to die before this can become reality? This in my opinion is not an accident...it is caused by negligence and could easily be avoided. Stiffer laws with harsh penalities for the driver. My prayers for the families and friends of those killed and continued prayers for quick recovery for those injured.

I am speechless!!! Being from IL originally and riding in WI on many a weekend this sends shivers up my spine. It's a crying shame and the loss of life is just so uncalled for if the driver of the car was truly at fault they need to throw the book at him.

So sad!

I agree 100% with TNTriker. I also feel this horrific tragedy was almost certainly totally avoidable, and changes need to be made in the consequences to drivers who are distracted by texting, etc.

My thoughts and prayers are with the other riders and all of the families involved!

The motorcyclist sitting with his back to the road is the most poignant.

More laws are not the answer...better attention to driving is.

It also helps to have radio contact when riding in a group. It isn't going to change the cage driver, but it could help the riders get an earlier heads up of stupidity ahead.

We had a bad accident here in Conn. the news said the SUV pulled in front of the motorcycle. The motorcyclist was only injured. NO CHARGES WERE PRESSED AGAINEST EITHER. DRIVER. Motorcycle was on the main road the SUV came out of a gas station.

Maybe they are beginning to crack down on People who cause a Death by Texting while driving. Just saw on ABC News a case where a young man is on trial for Vehicular Homicide. He should be tried for being stupid too. After the wreck, he deleted the last two text messages and told police he hadn't been texting.:confused:

Maybe they are beginning to crack down on People who cause a Death by Texting while driving. Just saw on ABC News a case where a young man is on trial for Vehicular Homicide. He should be tried for being stupid too. After the wreck, he deleted the last two text messages and told police he hadn't been texting.:confused:

I believe the phone company should be able to tell if he had been texting and at what time. They keep records.

A bad accident on I-24 in Kentucky in the last few days. A couple on a motorcycle had stopped because traffic was stopping for an accident. A seni truck came flying up. slammed into the back of the motorcycle, killing both riders and slamming into the back of another semi. He . the truck driver needs to lose his CDL for this.

I believe the phone company should be able to tell if he had been texting and at what time. They keep records.

That was my point Mike. They had records showing his last text just moments before the wreck. That's how they know these people are texting when the wreck happen's. The proof is right in their cell records. He was stupid to delete the last two text messages. I'm sure that and him lying to Police about it enhanced his charges.

I do think stiffer laws will help. It's obvious just asking people not to text while driving isn't working.

That was my point Mike. They had records showing his last text just moments before the wreck. That's how they know these people are texting when the wreck happen's. The proof is right in their cell records. He was stupid to delete the last two text messages. I'm sure that and him lying to Police about it enhanced his charges.

I do think stiffer laws will help. It's obvious just asking people not to text while driving isn't working.

It's obvious that making it a law isn't working! Unless the penalitites are stiffer and INFORCED, it's like "spitting in the wind"!

I live 15 miles from the crash site.
As of now there has been no official word on the cause.
There is a slight curve in the road at the point of the crash.
The car driver was heading south and would have been turning into the curve.
That means he would have hit the north bound bikes.
He has a very lengthy driving and personal record.
I only hope they throw the book at him.

Now I'm off to the Super Bike races at Elkhart Lake Road America.

We do need tighter laws. I ride a Race Car Yellow GL1800 trike. Had a teen pull up behind me. go int left hand lane, pass me , pull in right lane, no signal and cut me off forcing me into shoulder. Thank God no injury or damage. His answer- DID NOT SEE ME. Hows that for BS?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png