Broken t/g

Reloader53

Oct 15, 2011
marion,ohio,USA
Well I got some bad news , my 2011 t/g has a bad crank and to think it only took them a week to figure it out. What a bunch of crap. Now they say it will be the end of June before they have it fixed. Time to find a new dealer and tell Harley Davidson what I think about the dealer and there warranty service.

Actually, a week sounds pretty fast for HD. Keep in mind that includes ignoring trike for a couple of days before someone finally looked at it. Either way, that sucks. My condolences if you get stuck in 4 wheels and a cage for a while.

what caused the problem? symtoms? Codes?

There were no codes. Was running down the road and one minute no vibration next minute had a small vibration . By the time I got home there was a little more. Now they say the crank is a weak spot. Was told I could up grade for 2k but will void warranty so waiting on them to fix it with stock parts. Figure I have all ready spent enough money just buying the T/G not going to spend 2k more and void warranty and it is only 1 year old.

Well I got some bad news , my 2011 t/g has a bad crank and to think it only took them a week to figure it out. What a bunch of crap. Now they say it will be the end of June before they have it fixed. Time to find a new dealer and tell Harley Davidson what I think about the dealer and there warranty service.

Looks like the crank crap shoot went the wrong direction for you, to me the end of June would be unacceptable also. It doesn't take that long to pull the engine, break it down and replace the crank. I'd be calling HD and raising the roof also, the is no excuse for the end of June as the repair date.

Looks like the crank crap shoot went the wrong direction for you, to me the end of June would be unacceptable also. It doesn't take that long to pull the engine, break it down and replace the crank. I'd be calling HD and raising the roof also, the is no excuse for the end of June as the repair date.

Talk to service manager Friday and he is telling me that they will know Monday if they are going to replace motor with a new one or rebuild my motor. Either way it looks like it could still be June 12 or later before they do something.I still feel that is two long and when they call Monday and let me know what they are going to do I am going to call Harley and tell them what I think about this whole mess.

Ask them if you can pay the difference and get a 120r.

A 120R would be the ****z, I've always said I would stuff one in mine if I had something happen to the 103. Even then I wouldn't be running it straight out of the crate. I'd pop the heads and have one of 2 chosen head porters swap the springs and work some magic on the ports, then I would swap the cam and toss the SE lifters in favor of Head Quarters Black Ops.

The down side for the OP is by the time he bought a larger throttle body, upgraded the clutch, the exhaust and bought a tuner he'd be looking at $2k+ out of pocket and have no warranty on the engine.

Ask them if you can pay the difference and get a 120r.

Well services manager called today they are going to replace my motor with a new one. Asked if I could up grade to a 110 and pay the difference they would not go for it.Well I guess I will just be happy with the new motor. Now if they would just get there butt in gear and get it done.:censored:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png