• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

preventing scratches?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am wondering what you may be using to prevent scratches in the rear fender area from shoes/boots where the passenger foot boards are. On my trike the boards and fender and associated body parts are so close they are almost integrated.
Thanks

Whenever I get scuff marks from my boots on the fender, I don't worry about it. They will wash off. If you are looking for no scuffs/scratches then trike should be in a museum. If ridden, just have fun.

I understand scratches will and do happen. I also understand I am the caretaker of my trike and if there are preventative measure I can take I will. :) I enjoy ride in bike shows and bike nights. Prior to the trike, with my last 2 wheeler I took every ride-in show I entered in the dresser class. I see no reason that I cant ride and enjoy by trike in the same manner I did with 2 wheels. Since getting the trike my wife and I have been making plans around things we can do and places to go on it. :)

I have the clear 3-M protector on my fenders. It does wonderfully at keeping scratches and chips out of the paint. I had it on my previous trike for over 6 years and it still looked good as new when I sold the trike.

Where can we buy online enough to cover the fronts of the fenders? I tried the site listed above but could only find kits for specific cars or for door edge guards.
Thanks
Ron

In Harley-Davidsons 2012 motor parts & accessories book on page 446 # C. Scuff Guards for body and fenders on Harley trikes! 1. Body Scuff guards Part # 83968.10. and part # 2. Fender scuff guard 83976-10. Price listed as fender39.95 and body is29.95. Order thru your Harley dealer! Hope this helps. Protect your investment!!!Viper!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png