rain,rain,rain

I'm beginning to think owning a trike or bike in New England is about like owning a boat in the Sahara desert.:Shrug:

I've taken 2 trips to the NE states and I have yet to not get rained on the majority of the time I'm there. My dad and I plan on once again visiting VT, NH and MA the end of June into the beginning of July, I hope for nice weather.

Everything here in NH is awash. Flood warnings in some areas. I put my gutter extensions on to channel the rain water away from the house foundation. The pines trees are rock & rolling in a strong breeze.

Spiritdream you are correct, but one better, I went down in the cellar and worked on the trike while she is resting. Put some LEDs' to light the switches at night. This way I can find the mute button, bright-dim switch and the cruise control switches. Can't wait till it really gets dark so I can see how well it will work.

Enjoy the day. Time for some take-out food!

Regards,

Rosy

From NH

Rosy, I don't know if he's there, but he's right - it always rains Americade week. Wish it wouldn't - makes a day trip up there miserable or impossible!

I know how they feel though. Around here, it always rains the first full week in May - that's the flea market week (Brimfield, MA).

Those two weeks, rain is just "a given"! :laugh:

Oh well, let's try to enjoy today's sun while we can, before the rain comes back tomorrow!! ;)

Rosy, I don't know if he's there, but he's right - it always rains Americade week. Wish it wouldn't - makes a day trip up there miserable or impossible!

I know how they feel though. Around here, it always rains the first full week in May - that's the flea market week (Brimfield, MA).

Those two weeks, rain is just "a given"! :laugh:

Oh well, let's try to enjoy today's sun while we can, before the rain comes back tomorrow!! ;)

What SUN? You have sun, WOW, it is still rainning here! So far we have gotten about 3" of rain, hey, maybe we can ship some to Blondie Girl, they are still crying for rain in Texas!
Well, Spiritdream, you enjoy your "sun" while it last, I will think of you getting a tan, while I look out the window at this dreary day in NH.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I'm headed up to Lake George for the week on Monday. It is so tempting to go by car even though I won't.:(

Many years ago when it was the Aspencade in Lake George and I went, we NEVER had rain. I guess they are correct, the weather patterns are changing in New England, and not for the better! I heard we are to have a cool summer here, while everybody else in the country will have HOT weather, that's not fair! We just got our Dream Machines out of hibernation in the North, and all we have is rain!
Good Luck on the trip to the Americade!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

What SUN? You have sun, WOW, it is still rainning here! So far we have gotten about 3" of rain, hey, maybe we can ship some to Blondie Girl, they are still crying for rain in Texas!
Well, Spiritdream, you enjoy your "sun" while it last, I will think of you getting a tan, while I look out the window at this dreary day in NH.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Didn't last long - fairly nice until about 1pm, thunderstorms anytime 4pm on. At least I got to have my windows open for a while and get some fresh air in - sun or not, there's been a nice cool breeze all day!! :)

Many years ago when it was the Aspencade in Lake George and I went, we NEVER had rain. I guess they are correct, the weather patterns are changing in New England, and not for the better! I heard we are to have a cool summer here, while everybody else in the country will have HOT weather, that's not fair! We just got our Dream Machines out of hibernation in the North, and all we have is rain!
Good Luck on the trip to the Americade!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

You are correct about the rain. I have toured the New Englane states 3 times and %50 of the time it rained on us. I will be headed up to North Conway June 30th for a week. I expect to get rained on.

That's what rain gear is for. Just think of it like a big power wash. Aim for the puddles.

Nope i don't ride in heavy rain. About four year ago i was riding in heavy rain to get home when a yahoo in a cage came up behind me.Guess his windshield wipers didn't work well or something cause next thing i saw was him maybe 3 feet behind me.I swerved right and he swerved left.Nope i don't ride in heavy rain anymore.:AGGHH:

Not up at Americade. Weather permitting I may join Road Dog and Spiritdream on a RT to Americade for breakfast. 300 miles for breakfast. Bright out right now. Dark clouds are rolling by. Expect rain soon. Honey and I took a 70 mile ride yesterday , got home and 1/2 hour later the sky opened up an we got rain the rest of the night . :Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png