Newb from Leesburg, VA

Jun 4, 2012
Leesburg, VA
Don't have a trike but heavily leaning towards one.

I currently ride an 09 Victory Vision Tour, fully customized. I had an accident in late April, ruptured my quadriceps tendon, so my riding days are finished for this summer season! :(

This accident gave me a new perspective on myself. At 57, I'm slowly realizing that maybe I should look at alternatives to two-wheeled scoots and thinking trikes are a more stable platform.

So now, I'm looking at all the different makes/models and learning. Figure by the end of summer, I'll be be mended and by then hopefully formed a game plan to upgrade to a trike.

So need opinions.

First of all, I'm not going to convert my current rig to trike - as you can tell from the two pics, the Ice Dragon is all custom air-brashed graphics. Adding new trike components would be costly, from that graphics perspective. Leyman's Crossbow is a gorgeous machine, but that company barely has a pulse. So, I'm thinking I'd sell the Ice Dragon, pay off the loan and start fresh.

Secondly, I really like the Goldwings, but at 6'4", I can't fit in them.

Thirdly, love the look of HD Trikes and conversions, but this website and others, all attest to how hot that engine is. The Victory Freedom 106 by comparison, is cooler. So, are the HD Tri-Glides and other HD conversions with the HD 103 really that hot?

I could go the CSC route, they offer the Ventura (beautiful machines), which fits the Victory's Cross Country, but talking major bucks here.

So can y'all help me sort out my jumbled thoughts here?

Thanks in advance, Vince in Leesburg.

Attachments

• IMG_0332, reduced.jpg
    IMG_0332, reduced.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0334, reduced.jpg
    IMG_0334, reduced.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 48
Welcome blackvl, I too am a new member on this forum. I triked through Leesburg in May of last year on my way back to New York from North Carolina. As far as advice on a trike, the CSC factory isn't too far for you. Ride over and check them out, they're great people to do business with.

welcome aboard blackvl. Lots of questions. All the HD Tri-Glides are equipped with the 103 motor from the factory. If you search the forum you can read about all the different ways to deal with the exhaust heat. I think Victories will make a great trike and all trikes are expensive when you are talking new. Your Vision is a cool looking ride so I just suspect you would be happiest on a Victory.

Welcome blackvl! Glad you joined us.+1 what Gorilla said if you like the Victory you have I would go that route.RIDE SAFE

Have a Harley FLHTC and road cross country but finally realised time to give up two wheels for three as I am not getting any younger. Chose a Stallion because of comfort. Absolutely love it. Now have it set up for another cross country trip and not worried
that much about the weather. Check out my picture gallery. Best desciption of a Stallion would be a cross between a trike and sports car.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png