• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Baker Trike Wings Review...

Reaction score
I've now had the Baker Trike Wings installed on my '06 with the Motor Trike Adventure (IRS) conversion two full weeks and have well over 1000 miles on them. In spite of the less then appealing appearance I highly recommend this accessory. They may rate right next to the Hand Wings at the top of my favorite list!

First thing I noticed (I mean it is immediate) was the vastly reduced turbulance in the cockpit which on a long ride makes for less fatigue and increased enjoyment. Obviously getting that air stream out beyond the fenders keep it from getting slammed back into the rider and passenger. That same air stream now carries most of the bugs and other debis with it so the fender bras and upper fenders them selves stay much cleaner.

I wanted to wait until I had several miles before giving this review because so many time we think things are better then they are just to make the money we spent less painful.... Well, I keep very good gas mileage records and probably am a bit more critical of how my machines run them most. In the last 1350 miles my average gas mileage has increased 2.4 mpg; I now go up hills in cruise without dropping speed; and still have my buzzing mirrors. I'm really happy with the first two facts but was sure hoping at least part of the mirror buzz was caused by the beating the finders were getting. Alass, I'll have to live with that I guess....

All in all I'd say the Baker Trike Wings would be winners even if they did nothing to improve gas mileage but that improvement will actually pay for the Wings in time. How often can you say that an accessories actually makes you money???

No, I am not getting a kick-back from the manufacture -- just pointing out a real good product for us trikers....

I have had Baker Wings on all my Gold Wings, I am on #3 right now< and the last one came with a broken set so just had to replace them with a new and better set. Well worth the money. Stay safe.

I have had the Baker Trike Wings on my Motortrike Adventure for about 1500 miles. The wings seem to direct the air up to the center set of Baker Wings and I get more air through them now to stay cool. I did notice that if I have my mirror wings and my center wings closed I get some very minor shacking of my faring and stock windshield at 70 mph. If I open the top of the center set of wings the shaking goes away. I haven't checked my gas mileage but I know it hasn't gone down. I think the Trike Wings were worth the cost and would also recommend them.

One of the first things on my new trike.
I have all the Bakers (mirrors, fairing and large trike leg wings).
Also bought the clear ones for my white trike.
From a few feet away, you cann't tell I have them.

Do they reduce turbulence on the passenger? I'm considering the purchase of a set if they do.

YES. I don't think they make them for you "Hoss" though... With a little imagination I bet you could make some.....

I don't think they make them for your "Hoss" though... With a little imagination I bet you could make some.....

Baker has Air Wings for a Boss Hoss,according to their website. Did you have to pay list price for yours or does anyone offer a discount price on these? $280 + freight is kinda steep.

Clint I don't know about the product you refer to. I've never seen anything on the Baker site I got to.... I paid I think $56 direct from Baker for mine. I'd be interested to see what you are talking about.... I can tell you from experience that the GL1800 Trike Wings work wonders.... Hope you find something that does the same for you...

OK, now I think I understand. What you are looking at is the "Air Wings" which mount up higher then "Trike Wings" and really are designed to manage direct air flow on the rider and passenger. I had a set of these on my '01 GL1800 two wheel but did not put them on the '06. I think they would help but not eliminate the passenger turbulence. Maybe someone that has them on a GL1800 and not the Trike Wings also can jump in and shed more light on that.

Yes they are expensive but if they give you and your passenger comfort they are worth it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png