1600 Rebuild for new trike

usnavy8084

Jun 12, 2012
St. Augustine Florida, USA
Here is a photo of the engine that I just finished rebuilding. As anyone who has done this knows, there are lots of hours involved.........but worth every minute! Had the engine case main bearings saddles and thrust bearing line bored by Hilltop Motors in Jacksonville Fl. These are really great people who have great advise and don't charge an arm and a leg for their services. I highly recommend them to Trikers in the north Florida area. Starting on the frame this week.

Thanks for the offer. Like the way you did the leading link front end. Do you happen to have the dimensions for this? Would appreciate anything you could send regarding the front end design.

They are all built to fit the trike. I start with the wheel and bend the U, and let that determine the width of the trees. I'm probably going to build one using stock harley trees and round tubing shortly. I'll let you know when, so you can watch/help. Give me a call and I'll try to drop by one weekend to see how you are coming along.

Build update: Lots of progress this last week. Completed most of the frame work and mounted seats. Using a 77 Transporter torsion assembly which poses a lot of design challenges. Purchased fenders from tractor Supply and seats from Summit Racing products. Going to use saddle bags, trunk, and fork assembly from my 83 Honda Goldwing Aspencade.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png