What rain gear

pigbike

Reaction score
I recently purchased two sets of Frogg Trogg rain suits. My old ones were nasty and very old. I like the feel of these as they do not feel like rubber or plastic. Very light weight, but haven't had to use them yet.

What's everyone else wearing. Any comments on the Frogg Troggs?

I have the Nelson Rigg Stormrider 2 piece suit. Haven't ever owned the Frogg Toggs. Couple of friends own them and think they're great.

My Stormrider is light, folds up flat in the luggage area, has a zipper jacket front, big pockets, velcro storm flap and cuffs, etc. I paid about $55 for the rainsuit and have been pleased with it so far in light rains. I don't drive in torrential downpours, so don't know how waterproof it would be in that case.

We have a set of light weight frog toggs, and they are fine for off and on light rain. In a two hour down pour last summer the pants leaked. At least that is my story.

I wear Gortex I bought from the HD dealer, don't get that clammy feeling because it breaths .

In Dave, although I was the subject of the entrainment for the next few hours.

I have the Frog Toggs jacket, and a pair of side zipper storm pants from LL Bean. The pants fit better than the Frog Toggs, and have deep pockets & adjustable waist. In light rain, both have kept me dry & fairly warm. Caught in a heavy rain once with the jacket - kept me mostly dry except around the collar area, but then I was only riding for 20-30 minutes.

My wife and I have. The Tourmaster pants and jacket. I very seldom use them . I have driven in my share of down pours with out rain gear. Stopping at lights is the only time I get wet. I have Cruiserworks boots, and chaps. The. Nice thing about the. Tourmaster stuff is when you get off the. Trike/ bike you don't have to rip them off so you won't look like a snow man.

Looks as good as any jacket i own . I also use them if we get out and it gets cold.

A few years ago I put on my Gore Tex that I had bought for golf. Granted, they were about 8 years old, but had been in my closet for all of that time. Rode in a steady downpour and was wetter on the inside than on the outside. Bought a set of Frog Toggs and have used them a few times in very hard rains. Love them. Stayed totally dry.

I bought a few Frogg Toggs when I had my Super Glide. I kept burning holes in the legs from the exhaust and once they had a lot of duct tape on them I would buy another pair. They are good in the rain. I finally bought a Harley Davidson rain suit, more $$$, but I have had them now for three years. Not bad in warm weather either.

I use BMW Street Guard. It cost a lot of money but it's 10 years old and has never let the weather in. Done about 70,000 miles. Mine's a bit tired but the wife's is in very good condition.

Spent good money on First Gear and have not regretted it. With the pants and the insulated liner for the jacket you are set for anything. Warm weather, the liner is out, the vents in the jacket are open, all is good. Rain, no problem,no need for a different suit. Cool weather install the liner, close the vents, all is good.

Frogg Toggs work just fine for us,although we did discover that the tail end of a hurricane will push them past their limits:Crap:

I don't think they are hurricane proof. Today we have a tropical storm(Debby) at our front door so I will just leave the trike in the garage. Just really alot of rain so far, but the main storm is still out in the gulf.

My wife and I have. The Tourmaster pants and jacket. I very seldom use them . I have driven in my share of down pours with out rain gear. Stopping at lights is the only time I get wet. I have Cruiserworks boots, and chaps. The. Nice thing about the. Tourmaster stuff is when you get off the. Trike/ bike you don't have to rip them off so you won't look like a snow man.

Looks as good as any jacket i own . I also use them if we get out and it gets cold.

Tourmaster for me

I carried a set of rain gear for years 'I think i got them from JC Whitney back in the early 70's, And i never took them out of the plastic bag that they came in, Cause i figured i could not fold them tight enough to get them back in the bag?..:laugh:...

When i would get caught in the rain i would get stubborn and try to ride it out , But by then i would be too wet to put the gear on...I threw the rain gear out when i got my first trike in 2008...I found out that my thick Gen-U-Wine Leather Motorcycle jacket works great in keeping me dry on a Trike...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png