'09 t/g 22,146mi. battery chg.

May 8, 2011
peru,in,usa
been noticeing that the volt meter has only going up to 13v, and the battery tender that both charger up the battery then switches to the tender mode isn't indicateing the battery isn't fully charged, even after charging the battery up with a larger charger then it indicates fully charged, then go for a 40 mi. ride & tender over night. & then not getting a full charge.
BOTTOM LINE ordered a LITHIUM battery fron batterystuff.com . WHICH WEIGHTS 5 LBS.. so i will be the test bed for it.

Its a mixed bag on how long they will last, I change them every 3 or 4 years whether they need it or not. I've had a battery loose a cell when it was only 5 months old, wouldn't charge so dealer replaced it under warranty.

I think we have had this discussion before and I agree completely!

I replace that battery every 3 years.

While there's a good chance it won't give you any problems for a longer period of time, its not worth the gamble.

Motorcycle batteries just don't give any warning when they are going to die. Just imagine riding 200 miles, pulling in for a stop and the engine won't turn over when you try to restart. A trip to the dealer reveals that the three year old battery is deader than a doornail and has a dead short.

It can happen! (Don't ask how I know.)
images

yea!! its like spark plugs. in acft.repairs you can't pull over & call for help
so when you drop one you drop it twice in the trash can.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png