Bike stalled

bigjoey38

Reaction score
Took the bike out and 90 miles out it stalled. Has plenty of fuel and fuel filter
is full. Turns on but does not want to turn over.

Any suggestions?

Note: I did have a light that comes on when its been running for a while
and u see it when you stop. When u idle or in neutral it goes away.

Does it turn over too slowly to start or not at all? Can you jump it off? If it acts like the battery is suddenly low, you most likely have a charging problem.

Last edited:
Plenty of fuel, plus happening after riding 90 miles, plus (possibly) the charge 'idiot light'' is fluctuating all indicate either a charging system problem (most likely), or just a battery problem. Since you've scheduled it into your mechanic, I'll not try to go into the checklist and procedures for complete diagnosis. I hope he finds the problem and has a fair (affordable) solution.

Plenty of fuel, plus happening after riding 90 miles, plus (possibly) the charge 'idiot light'' is fluctuating all indicate either a charging system problem (most likely), or just a battery problem. Since you've scheduled it into your mechanic, I'll not try to go into the checklist and procedures for complete diagnosis. I hope he finds the problem and has a fair (affordable) solution.

Hi Loaner

Funny that you say that someone told me to give it a jump start to see if it starts, they too mention battery problem.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png