Do not fear the filter..!!!!

cjmitch

Reaction score
Well I did it...
Dl. saunders air filter video, studied it for about a day, then put it on the laptop, and had it out in the garage....
Looked at it all of ONCE
Result... one changed airfilter, 1.5 hours total time

Honestly... I really dont see what all the fuss is about.
Admittedly I had saunders videos to study, but all of the stuff (cables harnesses) just moved out of the way.
It took less time to get the air box uncovered, than it did to get the shelter off LOL. (ie more to get the shelter off)

I wouln't want to try a unit with NAV, or an airbag unit though..

Thanks for ur post and yes there are those that fear working on their trikes!!! Some can't and some feel it is cheaper to pay someone than to have to correct what they broke :eek:.
When I worked on VW's they had a repair manual "The complete repair manual for the Idiot" after U did the job the way they told U too they would then say well if U would have done it this way U would have been through a hour
ago :yes:
Atleast someone had a sence of humor.....

I enjoy doing some of my own work. I go out to the garage, turn on the radio, get everything together and enjoy the "quiet time" by myself. Our Goldwing chapter has a couple of days each year that we all get together and do mantainence work as a group. It's pretty good because if you're not sure how to do something, another person has usually already done that and can show you how. Glad you "Got 'Er Done"...
Now where did I put that BIG hammer....?:D

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png