Riding gear on 2 wheels vs 3 wheels

I do. I guess old habits die hard, and its still very possible to do an unplanned "get-off". I treat the trike like a bike.

I do too. Better safe than sorry.

For the question "What is ATGATT?

A motorcycling acronym used in basic theory and practical motorcycling lessons to remind motorcyclists to wear All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT),

I've only ever ridden a trike. I know "stuff" can happen, so even when I am really hot (as in the weather, LOL), I still wear ATGATT! Beats road rash. And I want to keep my teeth, too.

MarciaG :D

Just lately I've been going out without the mesh jacket due to the heat. I still wear jeans, boots, gloves and to me the most important, FULL face helmet. The jacket won't save your life usually only save you from much injury to your hide. I read a study a while back that showed you have over a 50% chance of landing on your chin. My son years ago t-boned a car and he and the bike went over the car. His full face helmet had a tire track that ran up the chin portion of the helmet, over the face shield, then up over the forehead. That convinced me. On 2 wheels I wore everything always.

Just me, on my two wheeler i gear up, On my tri i just wear jeans boots gloves and a helmet [3/4 w/face shield] in the Summer.
But if i have to dress up like the Michelin Tire Man like some riders do,
Maybe instead of riding safe there riding scared, In that case they might as well stay home on a couch where is really safe.:Shrug:

I have always liked to wear jeans when riding but have found myself too hot. Nowadays I find myself in shorts in the hot weather, or not riding at all. I enjoy riding in the cooler months Oct- April, but not in the hot weather.

As to riding safe I feel it is important but I do not always do it. As to wearing a helmet I always do that, even though we don't have to wear one in Florida.

I'm still ATGATT. I know you're not going to slide out on a slick spot or sand like on two wheels, BUT if somebody nails you the result would be the same, two or three wheels. I'll stick with my gear...

Shimpy what is a "mesh jacket".
Here in winter I wear the same as summer, just that the summer gear has plenty of mesh areas to let the wind through. I never ride without full face helmet, padded jacket, gloves, long trousers and boots.

I didn't wear the gear when I rode two wheels, and I don't now for three.

Just shorts, t-shirts, and deck shoes. A doo rag once in a while but no helmet.

Shimpy what is a "mesh jacket".

Here in winter I wear the same as summer, just that the summer gear has plenty of mesh areas to let the wind through. I never ride without full face helmet, padded jacket, gloves, long trousers and boots.

Jackets such as Joe Rocket, First Gear, etc that are usually a ballastic nylon that will take abrasion from a slide and will be constructed with a open mesh that will let the air pass thru. The jackets will have armor in back, shoulders and elbows. Mine is a Joe Rocket which I've had for 8 years that comes with a rain liner that will let me ride in weather an additional 10 degs. cooler without having to go to a winter jacket. I chose this jacket because the holes in the mesh seem larger than others to let more air pass thru, but in 90+ deg weather it still is hot.

ATGATT

For those who wear ATGATT when riding on 2 wheels, do you still wear ATGATT on 3 wheels?
Absolutely! Your skils, are not the ones in doubt, it's those aholes failing to see you, texting, not paying attention or don't care for 2/3 wheelers.

I slid over 300 feet down Mt. Rainer after hitting a chipmunk on my sporty chopper ... wearing full leathers ... still replace all the skin on my left side ... even on the ankles ... I also slid about 250 feet after hitting an oil slick near Seattle ... I was in shorts ... replaced the same amount of skin ... not sure the leathers did much but help keep me warm ... Just my experience.

Lets not forget, opinions are like armpits ... every one has em ... and they all stink. Just MHO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png