What is the best windshield cleaner I can carry in my saddlebag

Re: What is the best windsheild cleaner I can carried in my saddlebag

Plexus and a microfiber cloth work great. When I was a patrol officer at the Sheriff's Office, we used Plexus on the covers on our blue lights. It took off bugs, films, yellowing, and kept them looking clear and new. We also hit the headlight lenses with it. Works great on any clear plastic.

I've bought my windshield cleaner from Clean Cycle Products for the last 15 years. I bus a spray cleaner called Quick Clean and then polish it with NU- View polish. The windshield on my 89 Wing was bought in 1998 and is still real clear. I always carry QUICK CLEAN and some sorts cloths in my saddle bag when on the road.

http://www.sitewavesstores5.com/mm5...&Store_Code=cleancycle&Category_Code=cleaners

I use plexus when doing final cleans. When on the road I wet a large micro fibre cloth and lay over windscreen while fuelling up the Dragon. Bugs come off easy when wet with no windscreen scratches.

I use plexus when doing final cleans. When on the road I wet a large micro fibre cloth and lay over windscreen while fuelling up the Dragon. Bugs come off easy when wet with no windscreen scratches.

I do that at the end of every riding day on the windshield and on the 3-M protected fenders. You are correct -- after a little warm, wet soak 90% of the bugs just slide off. Then the Plexus to finish up. :D

make sure you wipe vertically when clen a windshield. because if you get a scratch
then its better than a hortizinal scratch that blinds you.

After you've used the rest use the best - Lemon Pledge. Cheap, can get anywhere, polish whole bike, wind screen, chrome, painted parts, plastic parts, glass, vinyl seats(never owned leather so I don't know about that). Helps remove swirls on the wind screen, which are a bi-=h at night.

After riding, I simply wet two micro fibre towls and place them on the windshield. In an hour, the windshield is clean as the bugs are gone. Nothing is cheaper than water and there is no rubbing.. I use Old Honda spray if I need to polish.

Great discussion! I just picked up a bag of microfiber towels at Home Depot to carry on my rides.

Isn't there a risk of a can of Lemon Pledge exploding in a saddle bag on a hot, sunny day? I have read that as an argument against carrying a can of WD-40. Is wax build-up a plus or a minus on a windshield? Do the other cleaners mentioned clean and wax, or just clean?

The best cleaner is Perfect Glass that can be purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Is great was bike windshields,( and smartphones for that matter). Best protection is Pledge or some other furniture polish. It has the same chemical base as some of these expensive cleaner protectors and is a lot cheaper. After you wash your bike, spray it with Pledge and wipe it down and you have all protection that any other product can give you.

I used Plexus for years found the same product in Honda brand ,bigger can,half the price.This product made for motorcycle windshield and use microfiber rag it will not scratch like paper towels.

HEY HARLEY 60 check out your local Honda shop buy their brand, same thing bigger can half the price. Now if you insist on Plexus only one place up here around Jasper Al its hard to find mainly bike chrome shops.

Mcquires plastic cleaner and wax , look in your local Auto Zone.

Road all day in the desert with temperatures in the 115 degrees have yet to find my pledge explode, of course it may be to the fact that I ride a goldwing and maybe the trunk where I keep it is cooler?

Great discussion! I just picked up a bag of microfiber towels at Home Depot to carry on my rides.

Isn't there a risk of a can of Lemon Pledge exploding in a saddle bag on a hot, sunny day? I have read that as an argument against carrying a can of WD-40. Is wax build-up a plus or a minus on a windshield? Do the other cleaners mentioned clean and wax, or just clean?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png