dyna Trike 2001 speedometer and odmeter stopped working in mid rid

dyna Trike 2001 speedometer and odmeter stopped working in mid rid

Hi, I have a Dyna 2001 / Motor Trike and while in the middle of a ride the speedometer and the odometer and automatic turn signal shut off, stopped working. Two days after the ride, just going back and forth to work, they began working again. I replaced the TSSM (turn signal security module) and then 2 months later took another extended ride and within the first 100 miles the same thing happened again, and just like before, two days later they began to work again. help?? any suggestions?

Re: dyna Trike 2001 speedometer and odmeter stopped working in mid rid

second on the speed sensor. its magnetic and sometimes gets covered with fine metal on it. try pulling it and cleaning it to see if that helps

Had the same problem on a 2002 Electra Glide Standard/Lehman. After new speed sensor, new speedometer and numerous trips to the shop, a Wyotech student interning at my local indie shop found a loose ground. Problem fixed.

that was my first thought and I'm checking that out first. :) thanks!
the sensor is next etc. the TSSM is new and I think that is just fine.
I noticed a bad gasket around the speedometer too.

again, thanks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png