Lehman Storm trike?

extreme10

Dec 2, 2010
Finestrat. alicante. Spain
Has any one got info on the Lehamn storm Trike.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the forums. Just wondering how they perform and if they have any problems.

having a belt drive is a interesting concept.

safe riding to all you three and two wheelers.

I can only you tell you this... They sold and sell a ton of these. And not only are they warrantied by Lehman but, the Kawi Factory too!

The smallest trike cc I have ever been on was the vtx 1300. It had plenty of pep and went along pretty darn good. I don't think the body or the kit on the Storm is very heavy so it should be a great single person ride.. My instincts tell me that two up you will be lagging power to spare.

I am told by management that Lehman's first trike to re-assume production will be the Storm as there is apparently a lot of demand for these. Behind that will be the GL-1800s, then the Harley FLHs.

I test rode one when the Lehman was doing it's thing to get Kawasaki dealers to sign on as Lehman dealers. I thought it was a decent trike. Handled well, decent acceleration, and decent braking. I told the GM it was an excellent trike and recommended we pick up Lehman. I guess he didn't see enough money in it and decided to pass.

I am waiting on the dealer who piked up Lehman to give me the details on when I will be able to buy one for my spouse.

How much can you get one for. It would have to be a lot less than $25,000 for me to be interested in one. I met a guy that converted a 883 sportster and was not pleased with the performance . The Kawi is a powerful motorcycle .

I have a Storm. It's a 2011 and basically we love it. Granted, a larger engine would be a huge improvement as we live in western Maryland and are constantly running the mountains. It will usually hold the speed on the bigger steep hills but acceleration is very slow to say the least especially riding two up.

We usually average about 40 mpg. Comfort is acceptable, but the Kawi Vulcan seat is deplorable!!! Handeling and cornering are both very impressive. I've scared my self several times hitting some twisties a little "Hot" but the bike stayed rock solid. Not sure if it would slide or tip and I'm not real sure that I want to find out. Over all I think Lehman has hit a home run with this Trike.

If I had it to do over I would honestly look for more refinement as our last bike was a Goldwing and we enjoy 2/300 mile rides. I will try to answer guestions if any one is considering buying one of these.....Bill

Paid $16800 for mine,{2011}. Mine was loaded, windshield floor boards heel-toe shifter and Pass back rest/sissy bar. Basic was around 15K.. Bill

My wife walked into the dealer, spotted the Storm and immediately bought it. Picked it up at 5:00 Thursday afternoon and left town the next morning headed to the Trike Talk rally in Maggie Valley. We took it into the shop for its 1,000 mile check on Monday. She blasted across Black Mountain like it was nothing and rode the Dragon like she had been doing it for years. At $15,800 out the door it was an excellent buy. No problems since new and it has no problem keeping up with my HD FLHXXX. Everyone who sees our bikes together says hers is "sexier" than my plain black ride. We seldom if ever ride two up anymore, but I don't think the Storm would have any problems at highway speeds two-up. Only mod has been an added windshield (she won't pilot one without a windshield - all 3 of her bikes have'em) and the addition of an aircleaner cover to isolate engine heat from her leg.
Here's a link to a video we shot last summer of her ride:
The Family That - YouTube

Only shortcoming is from me....the bars hit my knees on hard left or right cornering, but then I'm a foot taller than Deb.

If you're thinking of buying one, I highly recommend it.
Stan66

My wife walked into the dealer, spotted the Storm and immediately bought it. Picked it up at 5:00 Thursday afternoon and left town the next morning headed to the Trike Talk rally in Maggie Valley. We took it into the shop for its 1,000 mile check on Monday. She blasted across Black Mountain like it was nothing and rode the Dragon like she had been doing it for years. At $15,800 out the door it was an excellent buy. No problems since new and it has no problem keeping up with my HD FLHXXX. Everyone who sees our bikes together says hers is "sexier" than my plain black ride. We seldom if ever ride two up anymore, but I don't think the Storm would have any problems at highway speeds two-up. Only mod has been an added windshield (she won't pilot one without a windshield - all 3 of her bikes have'em) and the addition of an aircleaner cover to isolate engine heat from her leg.
Here's a link to a video we shot last summer of her ride:
The Family That - YouTube

Only shortcoming is from me....the bars hit my knees on hard left or right cornering, but then I'm a foot taller than Deb.

If you're thinking of buying one, I highly recommend it.
Stan66

That's looks like a great trike for the money! Any new trike for under 16k... that's a deal all day long and I know that the warranty is great as the factory and lehman are both on it! ThumbUp

Very good looking trike, I would miss the storage area. Other than that very doable trike .

Extrem10.

Well that lot ticks all the boxes. Strange how it hasn't had a write up before. I wonder how the power will be after the GL 1800 though. What is so attractive is the price and ease of maintainance. 40mpg is well worth considering.

Thanks to all those how have taken the time to reply.

safe triking to all.

electric box 021.jpg:laugh: Just had to add my two cent's. I'm truly impressed with the storm. I added one to the family late june. This is really a great idea, if someone is looking for a new trike, you really don't have many choices under 30K. This is where this one fits in, 17k, it has a air ride, extened front fork, and a 900cc motor. And it's real cool looking. It has plenty of power, the sterring is a breeze. It goes aroung the bends great, and it's a blast to ride.The seat is not the best, but I havent found an OE seat that has been real good. I hope with the take over Lehman that they stay with this bike, and maybe expand to larger Kawasaki's. :DI think that they have something here.

vbpgimage.php

:p big tim:Trike1:

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png