Dairyland ????

Gold Rush

Reaction score
My insruance agent is suggesting I change to Dairyland insurnace for my bikes. Anyone have words of wisdom (pro and con)? I'd sure appreciate it.

In time of need I sure don't want to have a battle on my hands.. Know what I mean??

I had Dairyland suggested yesterday by 2 agents in Houston that specialize in bike insurance. One if them is my son's agent. My son has 2 HDs insured with Dairyland. Never a claim so don't know how that goes.

And I found out yesterday that in Texas at least if you have a bike converted the insurance companies don't insure it a a trike. They insure it as a bike with added accessories equal in value to the price of the conversion. So my Electra Glide with a CSC kit will cost a lot more than a Triglide. Worth it in my opinion. :)

This is my first post. I live in Sugar Land, Tx. I own a Ultra Classic and am very seriously considering converting it into a trike. Do you know of companies near me or in the Houson area that does this at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

This is my first post. I live in Sugar Land, Tx. I own a Ultra Classic and am very seriously considering converting it into a trike. Do you know of companies near me or in the Houson area that does this at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Chaluh....Welcome to TrikeTalk. You will get the best responses if you start a new thread in the general discussion section and put your question there. It will get lost here added into a thread on a different topic.

I had Dairyland insurance when my Ultra Classic was totaled on July 2 of this year. It took 3 1/2 months to settle with them on the value of the bike. I had $5,000 accessory coverage and they only paid 25% of the accessory value. Needless to say Dairyland does not insure my new trike.

I have had Dairyland insurance on my Road Star and Venture. I have never filed a claim and hope I never have to. I will not buy Progressive insurance because of the companies political views and anti American agenda.
I will continue to shop for insurance until I find what suits me. It may very well be Dairyland but it will not be Progressive.

I have all 7 bikes insured through Dairyland. Have only filed one claim; they paid promptly and in full. I get multi-bike discount by having 3 policies; 3 bikes on one policy and two policies with two each. Been using Dairyland for over 35 years with no problems whatsoever. But then, the above claim is the only claim I have ever made with any insurance company.
Had Progressive on my Nightrain for the first year (through HD) and they were almost double what Dairyland was for full coverage.

Have the two trikes on one policy; the 2003 Indian and 2005 Nightrain on another. The three "antiques" are on the third policy for maximum discounts. 'Course, having alarms on the newer bikes gives an additional 10% as does lite mileage per year with no commuting add-on since I only commute 2 miles a day. $880 per year total.

I agree with you on NOT buying Progressive Ins. President of Progressive is a flaming liberal. Gave $2mm to Obama's campaign.

Welcome to our family:wave4:
I shopped around for coverage and price, found the best of both worlds in Foremost Ins( a company of Farmer's Ins).

I've used Dairyland for quite a number of years and have 3 bikes with them currently and no issues whatsoever. Get discounts for club rider, longtime rider and MSF Instructor.

I have progressive since 2002. Haven't had a claim but have used the roadside assistance a couple of times (got me out of a bind away from home). Had dairyland way back and had problems with a claim. They didn't want to pay and when forced they then dropped me and when that happens you have difficulty getting insurance from anyone else without paying out the nose. I love progressive and their people. Every time I have called them they are so helpful and friendly. JMHO.

OK Folks.....lets keep the "POLITICS" out of here....discuss the subject matter of the Thread in a respectful, tolerant "Tone"......Thanks, skuuter.....ThumbUp

I just recently renewed my policy with Dairyland, by far the lowest. Before I did I checked Nationwide, Geico, Allstate and Progressive prices. They all wanted a minimum of $400.00 dollars more to cover my 06 GL. Progressive was the most expensive at $1120 per year. Additional $710.00.

Have not yet made a claim, so can't speak to it!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png