Rear Shocks

Aug 9, 2012
E. Haddam, CT 06423
I've got a 2012 Harley trike. I keep the air pressure for the rear shocks at 45 psig - owners manuals states 50 psig is max. My issue is that I experiencing shock bottom-out and I am concerned that I may damage or blow out a shock. Any advice or recommendations?

Are you bottoming on hard bumps or going in and out of certain parking lots? Only recommendation I could offer is raise the pressure to 50 psi or install the shock lift kit sold by TGlidestuff.com

My advice is to purchase Legend Air Shocks! These are "true air shocks". The harley stock shocks are way less quality than the Legend. The company will stand behind their product as well!!ThumbUp

The stockTri Glide shock is oil/air my mechanic says you can't blow them but legends are air shocks if you bottom out on those they can be blown I weigh 300 lbs and run 40 psi in my shocks with 22 lbs in the rear tires and mine does not bottom out.

The stockTri Glide shock is oil/air my mechanic says you can't blow them but legends are air shocks if you bottom out on those they can be blown I weigh 300 lbs and run 40 psi in my shocks with 22 lbs in the rear tires and mine does not bottom out.

You sure can blow a TG factory rear shock. I popped a right rear shock when I hit a deep dip in the middle of the curve which caused the shock to start leaking oil. I've heard of several TG's that have blown the rear shock.
Butch

The lengend air suspesion is one durable product and they back up there product..
I have run over things that the stock shocks would have sent me sailing to the moon. Lengend air will not do that..

hey SAElaskan do you run ice cleats on those tires? looks like a-lot of snow.

Snow fall is normally about 110" but this last winter it was around 142". The picture was taken this sping. No studed tires just ride when the roads are clear of ice and snow.
Butch

got mine for 1500 free shipping..I didnt go with the dash pressure gauge..Mounted the compressor in the back trunk versus under the bike..

got mine for 1500 free shipping..I didnt go with the dash pressure gauge..Mounted the compressor in the back trunk versus under the bike..

I bought a few other items with the kit plus we have to pay the shipping which is UPS (UPS not cheap here). Nothing comes free in South East Alaska. I might be high on the 1800 price.
Butch

We had Legend Air suppension put on out TriGlide while we were in Sturgis, Their factory is located there. The total cost with instalation was 1800.00
So far I think they work great, still have to figure out what the best pressure to run them at.

We had Legend Air suppension put on out TriGlide while we were in Sturgis, Their factory is located there. The total cost with instalation was 1800.00
So far I think they work great, still have to figure out what the best pressure to run them at.

You forgot to mention all the other GOODIES that you added. Your TG really looks SHARP. Your wife is really GOOD to you.:D

Need some help. I have a 08 Harlet Street Glide with a Motor Trike rear end. I would like to know if the make of the rear shocks and if there is a adjustment on these to set for heavier loads. I feel that the bike dips to much and does not return as quickley as I expect. For the other concern I have is the front has a lowered springs and would like to know how much this effects the steering if any. Bike needs more suspension for sure. Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png