Final TT NE Rally details--updated 8/21/12

Called TERESAS in Ware they said no problem with 25 - 30 people around 5:00 saturday , just got to let them by sunday ? its about 15 miles down rt 20 to rt 32 thats were we ate last year. GREAT Italian Food $10 - $20. a meal

JONESY what route are you taking to Newport ?? THANKS

That was a nice place..plenty of parking. Check with Cheri. She is doing some calling today also ... Weather permitting 15 miles is a nice ride back.

Here's what I have....

Friday -

1 - T.J. O'Brien's can give us the banquet room, a buffet meal, and we'd have the room from 6:30 to 11ish. It's a 25 meal minimum, and I have to pay them by Tuesday. Right now, I have a count of 28 people - assuming Deacon Don and his wife don't make it (safe bet right now), we still have enough. Meal is $16.00, tax included - Garden Salad, Potato Salad w/fresh dill, steamed vegetable medley, rice pilaf, baked penne and meatsauce, and baked herbed chicken. I will be honest here - I personally would not book it for a formal banquiet - it's "worn" and smelled musty, although they promised to air it out first (hasn't been used in a few weeks, and the humidity here has done a number, they said). But for a place to have something to eat, in private, close to the hotel, it could be okay.

2 - Uno's doesn't have a private room, but they do have a large area big enough, and they will push the tables together to accomodate us, as long as we let them know a couple of days ahead. We can also order from the menu.

Saturday -

1 - Francesco's Restaurant - About 7 or 8 miles from the motel on Rt 20. They don't have a private "room", but they have large areas with plenty of seating. The menu looks good, with everything from pizzas & grinders, to full meals. They have pasta (obviously), chicken, veal, fish, and NY sirloin strip (the only beef on the menu). Prices were $18 and below, with one "House Special" being $25. Plenty of parking, all one level.

2 - Teresa's Restaurant - I thought this place was great, too.

Friday

1 - T. J. O'Brien's - Musty smell is not too cool.

2 - Uno's - Italian in a large space sounds good.

Saturday

1 - Francesco's - Large area with options different from Uno's sounds good.

2 - Teresa's - Could be persuaded.

Leo

I will not make it for dinner on Fri , can't leave town til after 6;00 on Fri. I can meet you at what ever place you pick. Should pull in about 8:30 ish. What happened to Deacon Don? I even had the shirt guy re set the shirt machine for his shirts.

I will not make it for dinner on Fri , can't leave town til after 6;00 on Fri. I can meet you at what ever place you pick. Should pull in about 8:30 ish. What happened to Deacon Don? I even had the shirt guy re set the shirt machine for his shirts.

John, answered your PM. Sorry, but I misunderstood Don and thought he was letting you know too - I will be paying for his shirts, and forwarding to him. His daughter in law is set to be induced if she doesn't deliver by Friday, so he'll probably be in PA for the weekend.

Any of those places is fine with me and the missus, as long as they get A/C on to air "musty" out.
I plan on catching noon ferry from LI and will probably leave Bridgeport around 1:15pm on Fri. Probably 1 hr to Hartford. I will have my CB on. What is a good channel to stay on should I actually run into your big group from Danbury people?

I normally use 22 in a group and 19 if I travel alone. 5 is a common motorcycle Chanel ? Let us know what everyone wants to use and I will monitor it too.
No matter where we eat we will have a good time.

Janice and I are up for anything the group would like to do. Let us know. ThumbUp
See you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Cheri, John, Jonesy and all others organizing and supporting the NE Rally. Please don't misunderstand my input. I greatly appreciate all you have done and are doing. Looking forward to a wonderful time. Thank you so much!! See you soon...

Weather looking better...X your finger. will know better on WED.

This time last year we were in California and when we got home, Irene had taken my front tree down and part of it was in the street. I lost one tree and had to trim the other because it was cracked in half! :censored:
SO, I am not inviting Irene or any of her brothers or sisters to this rally. They can stay in the Mid Atlantic Ocean as far as I care! I am sure lots of people will agree with me. ThumbUp
Almost time to start packing and call Mayflower for a truck for the rest of our stuff! AHHAHAHAH Seriously! :confused:
See you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Wife laughed when I got mu trailer . Said we don't need that
She seems to have no trouble. Getting it to weight 500# s
Comes in handy now. Folding chairs and the stuff for the rally .looks like we may get ther by 7:30 now .

That's great. Still waiting for Janice to give me an update as to what time she may be home from work on Friday. I hope to leave early afternoon, but you never know. Jonesy said he is traveling to NH to get smokes (everything in NH is cheap..smokes-booze-gas) so if we leave in time, maybe we will try and hook up with Jonesy and travel down, but we will see.
We may arrive at about the same time to the rally. I am sure the "locals" will be there early! Save us a seat by the pool!
See you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Here we go...

Friday night - Dinner at Uno's, 6;30-7:00ish (I believe the manager said 7:00 would be better, but will double check by tomorrow).

Saturday night - Dinner at Teresa's. Road Dog was going to reserve it, so he'll have to let us know what time he told them.

See everyone this weekend!! :)

I like it... We may make it by 7:30. What kink of food does UNOs serve? Sounds I talian. Different than Teresa's ? On the ride to New Port there is a lunch stop? Anyone have any ideas what there is down there .

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png