BMW K1200LT trike kits other than Hannigan ?

I don't think there are any others......at least I didn't find any. I ordered the Hannigan after looking at one that was in the conversion process. Nice kit and a beautiful machine when finished. Won't get ours till October, maybe late September.

I've been riding a 2009 Hannigan K1200LT conversion for a while now. It is low maintenance, dependable, and very stable, about 6" wider rear end width (5 ft.) than the other big name conversions. Another plus, Hannigan provides interval servicing information if you ask for it. My BMW dealer never worked on a trike but still did complete maintenance service on the Hannigan rear end at same time as regular interval service on the front end of the bike couple of months ago.

If you want to shave a few bucks off the conversion cost, I've seen posts from other riders who have actually gone to the Kentucky plant to put in some hours helping with the conversion, plus they learned a lot in the process.

Give them a call and ask. They have been very helpful to me.
Bob G.

If you want to shave a few bucks off the conversion cost, I've seen posts from other riders who have actually gone to the Kentucky plant to put in some hours helping with the conversion, plus they learned a lot in the process.

For the record, those posts you have seen are not accurate nor is such an option available from Hannigan or any other major manufacturer that I am aware of.
(I've seen those old mis-informed and misleading posts as well)

Sorry about that Veritas. I was just mentioning what I saw online, and the internet being what it is .....

I reiterate that I think Hannigan is the right way to go on the BMW K1200.

I have K1200 LT converted early last summer, I am very pleased with the quality and workmanship, someone back in hit the front, I am thinking to install 2008 on that trike.

I looked hard and found some obscue outfit on the west coast...no contest. Hannigan IS the only way to go. The quality is just outstanding. I came from both solo and sidecar backgrounds, so the trike was not the trauma that might be imagined.

The guys at Hannigan are top notch. I stopped by the factory with a few fitment issues after all my modifications and new paint. They took it right in and worked on it for nearly 6 hours without an appointment. I just dropped in. Never charged me a dime. This might be the exception but those guys are great. If I had it to do over again, I would have had the conversion done at the factory. Their staff is fantastic.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png