Trike Tire Size

Reaction score
I am building a trike from a 2007 Heritage Softail Classic one part at a time (no kit). I am using a DNA Trike axle and trying to figure what size tires to buy. It taks a 15" wheel. Does anyone know what would be the best over all tire dimensions for this size of bike conversion. Thanks for any info.

If it's any help our 2012 Triglide has P205/65/15's on it. Will the trike have independant suspension? If not, find a tire that can be run at low air pressure without fear of popping it off the rim.

Phu Cat

There are many factors involved to determine the tire size. If you are not running fenders or a body-then tire width is not an issue. If you are doing custom fenders, you need to figure out the tire width dynamics. Tire height could big the biggest issue here-and you can get tires that vary about an inch in height. You need to determine what height the tire needs to be, according to what makes the bottom frame of the trike level. 215/60R15 should work, but on a custom job there can be variables. Try to contact the seller of the dna rear end for ideas on this!:Shrug::wave4:

METOO

I am building a trike from a 2007 Heritage Softail Classic one part at a time (no kit). I am using a DNA Trike axle and trying to figure what size tires to buy. It taks a 15" wheel. Does anyone know what would be the best over all tire dimensions for this size of bike conversion. Thanks for any info.

Hey........Just wanted to know how your Heritage trike turned out ? I am also going to put a trike together with a Heritage or Fatboy using a DNA axel and no body....have you got any info that might help me ?....I was thinking of 14" tires to keep it low.....did you rakr it ?Hows it handle ?...got a million questions but any help is appreciated.......cheers..Jeff

Hey........Just wanted to know how your Heritage trike turned out ? I am also going to put a trike together with a Heritage or Fatboy using a DNA axel and no body....have you got any info that might help me ?....I was thinking of 14" tires to keep it low.....did you rakr it ?Hows it handle ?...got a million questions but any help is appreciated.......cheers..Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Your trying to get in touch with a 6 year old poster.

Maybe you can find someone that has what you need in a newer post.

Need help for old problem

Have asked before. My trike had many issues. Now I finally am getting some brake but front is needed to stop rapidly. I am wondering if I use 2# residuals to each wheel after split would that maybe do the job. It did at one time have a 10# after the master and removing made NO. Difference. Any advice or suggestions would help!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png