looking for opinions

For loading a trike on a trailer, would a simple wheel chock work just fine or a fancy expensive wheel chock be better? I can see where the kind of chock that cradles the front wheel would definately be more secure for keeping a two wheeled bike upright and stable, but there is no worry about a trike tipping over! Of course with a simple chock there is still a need to strap the front end with soft ties and ratcheting straps as well as the rear end, but is there really a need for the $200.00 to $300.00 chock?? Looking for opinions here......

Any wheel chock will work OK if you are strapping it down also, It will be what you feel safe with..
I use a trip over chock and tie the rear down fore and aft. . There are two chain links welded on each side under the axel for rear tie downs.

If your trailer has a wooden floor it is easy to make 2 wooden chocks and secure them to the deck.That way you can pull your trike up against them and secure it.Won't interfere with loading or unloading,
Good luck,
Tip

For what its worth, I use the Condor wheel chuck. I know its expensive, but so is the trike. I want to make sure she's secured to the best of my ability. ;)

I just use the same front wheel chock I used with a 2-wheeler and strap that wheel tight. If I ever go somewhere further than dealer, I will probably strap back wheels, just to keep bounce to minimum.

Get an L. A. Chock from Baxley Trailer Co. in AL and be done with it. You only have to tie it down if you want to.

Not cheap, but do it once and forget about it. I have two and I love them.

I use a wheel chock like Rap posted, the Harbor Frieght model. Then strap it down tight. I also use tie downs from each side off the bikes frame to the trailer. It nevers goes anywhere after doing that.
Larry

I have picked up/delivered a large number of units for the dealership where I work. Anything that sits up by itself is easy to tie down compared to two wheelers. Not having to deal with keeping the unit up right is a blessing.
Just make sure it can't move fore or aft, left or right. You are better off strapping from strong points such as axles, shock mounts, or main frame rails than weaker points such as passenger pegs, light bars, or such. Even a strap around a rim is good if the pull angle is 90 degrees to the tire.
Wheel chocks are good only if you use a rachating strap to hold the wheel securely in the chock. I think the ideal situation is to secure the wheels (or axles) of a trike securely to the trailer. Letting the bikes suspension do its job also helps to keep the straps tight since the bulk of the weight can jiggle around with no ill effects.
What ever you do, use more tie downs than you think you need and stop and check the load after couple of miles.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png