Dealer told me today why my TG runs hot

Skeet7373

Reaction score
First my wind deflectors, then my lowers and I should take those off. Oh, and I should have one of those moon shaped thingies under the triple tree, well, I thought it would not fit. Apparently he doesn't know. Then he said my horn cover and ac cover are blue due to my short legs. My jeans are blocking the air to the motor!!! Wonder if he wanted to say I need to take my legs off too!

Leave your legs on, and just ride around in your underpants!!!!!!!!! That will cool the motor!!! In fact, after you have ridden around for an hour in your tighty whities, drive to your dealer and show him the 2nd degree burns on your right leg, then tell him to get on TrikeTalk and get educated about the Trikes he sells!!!

Ask him if it "was as designed" to have to remove all that stuff and only buy one if you have long legs.

Wow did he tell you this with straight face too???

LOL, he even pulled a mechanic outside to look at the blue horn cover and the ac cover. The mechanic told him that its in line with my legs and that my jeans are blocking the air also. Not once was he concerned with the ping issue, just said "you need a tuner". end of subject!

Leave your legs on, and just ride around in your underpants!!!!!!!!! That will cool the motor!!! In fact, after you have ridden around for an hour in your tighty whities, drive to your dealer and show him the 2nd degree burns on your right leg, then tell him to get on TrikeTalk and get educated about the Trikes he sells!!!

Trent, I'm female so no tighty whities, I have started wearing black under armour heat compression shorts, does that count...

Hmmmm...oops....Well, since you are a female, heat compression shorts will not be acceptable. Just change the above words from tighty whiteys to any thing with the Victorias Secret label. That will be acceptable!!! Ha ha!!!

Hmmmm...oops....Well, since you are a female, heat compression shorts will not be acceptable. Just change the above words from tighty whiteys to any thing with the Victorias Secret label. That will be acceptable!!! Ha ha!!!

LOL, just like a man, the issue with VS not made in "Wide Load" sizes!

Then anything frilly will work! Size is not an issue. We are dealing with heat issues here remember. Sheesh,,,Just like a girl!...

"Then he said my horn cover and ac cover are blue due to my short legs."

Good grief! Can't believe that was the excuse he gave :confused:

Have been reading on-goingly how hot the Tri-Glides run, but to cause blueing on the horn cover and a/c cover ??? What's it's powered by ? An engine or a blast furnace ??? :AGGHH:

Please give the name of that dealer - I want to make sure I NEVER GO THERE when I'm in the area. That has got to be the stupidest remark I've ever heard from a dealer. What an ignorant a$$. :censored:

I'm not a mechanic and will never pretend to be one, and even I know that's a bunch of hooey!! Good grief!! ;)

Skeet, I had the blueish smoke film on my horn cover and air cleaner cover. I'm 6'1" and legs bend just fine. I only had the film after running 500-600 mile legs during the cross-country trip when temps were above 90 degrees. Every bit of the westbound journey ended each day with a thorough pounding on the engine in nearly 100 degree heat. The combination of high ambient temps, lean 50-state legal stage-I tune, and 75-80 mph, led to the blueish film. Some people complain of a little bit of oil coming out of their air cleaners after running at freeway speeds for a significant amount of time. Mine did that too just a tiny bit, but that was on the eastbound leg, which included getting snowed on at 8000 feet in Utah.

Bottom line, your TG is running too hot. Especially since you've reported it pinging like crazy. Since getting back to California, I've run the pi$$ out of mine in 95-100 degree temperatures to see if my new JAGG 10-row fan assist and Wards FCS are effective. They are. Since I don't run around at 80 mph all the time, I leave the FCS running continuously. The temperature switch on the JAGG won't energize the fan until 205 deg oil temp. I have it hooked up to the ACC switch. That way if I'm going over 45 mph it stays off. If I'm putting around on some switchbacks on the CA198 going up into the sequoias, then I can turn it on. So like I said in another thread, my motor and I are both very happy now.

OBTW, your dealer is smoking crack :)

CHECK OUT TgLIDEsTUFF.COM the wind deflectrs work.

I have all of Dennis's stuff on the trike, the service manager saw the fork wd's and said I need to remove them . So I took them off today, no difference in the trike. But today was cooler and no sun until about 1130 then it got so hot and the tg was very hot. So the outside temps make a big difference with this tg. The fork deflectors will go back on. I love not having all the wind hitting me in the face and making my glasses bounce around.

Skeet, I had the blueish smoke film on my horn cover and air cleaner cover. I'm 6'1" and legs bend just fine. I only had the film after running 500-600 mile legs during the cross-country trip when temps were above 90 degrees. Every bit of the westbound journey ended each day with a thorough pounding on the engine in nearly 100 degree heat. The combination of high ambient temps, lean 50-state legal stage-I tune, and 75-80 mph, led to the blueish film. Some people complain of a little bit of oil coming out of their air cleaners after running at freeway speeds for a significant amount of time. Mine did that too just a tiny bit, but that was on the eastbound leg, which included getting snowed on at 8000 feet in Utah.

Bottom line, your TG is running too hot. Especially since you've reported it pinging like crazy. Since getting back to California, I've run the pi$$ out of mine in 95-100 degree temperatures to see if my new JAGG 10-row fan assist and Wards FCS are effective. They are. Since I don't run around at 80 mph all the time, I leave the FCS running continuously. The temperature switch on the JAGG won't energize the fan until 205 deg oil temp. I have it hooked up to the ACC switch. That way if I'm going over 45 mph it stays off. If I'm putting around on some switchbacks on the CA198 going up into the sequoias, then I can turn it on. So like I said in another thread, my motor and I are both very happy now.

OBTW, your dealer is smoking crack :)

I totally agree, they just don't want to deal with me, I have too many complaints I want fixed, so lets just make up stuff to tell her... I thought you guys would get a kick out of that one!

Karen

According to another forum... TTS 2 beta is complete. Steve said all beta testing should be done by end of next week. I guess he will supply his dealers right after that.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png