Rain Gear

paws

Just Killing Time...
Oct 22, 2011
Kerrville, TX U.S.A
We are in need of new rain gear.
We're wanting some recommendations from folks so that we have a starting point.
We would want to be able to use them year-round such that they would be breatheable in warm weather yet warm and dry in cold, wet weather.

We'd appreciate any/all input anyone might have for us.

Living in west Texas we usually don't have to worry about rain but coming home from the rally at Ruidoso, New Mexico a couple of weeks ago got pretty wet that last hour from home. We had on new rain suits but they were old - had never taken them out of the stuff-sack. Bought them around 1998, Coleman cheapies, had never worn them...they didn't keep us real dry. They found a new home in the trash can as soon as we got them off!

We have had Frogg Toggs, and really liked them. The are light enough to be used as a wind proof jacket/suit and kept up dry. I had ones with bib style pants which I like, but they were made for mostly standing, and the crotch would give out after while. Frogg Toggs now makes a motorcycle specific suit,that little inconvenience has been fixed and they have added reflective piping, heat proof panels on the legs and a thicker material, and it still doesnt make you sweat.

Our current set of rain gear is by XElement, and they kept us dry on the way back from Minnesota earlier this month. Started raining just across the Iowa/Missouri line and rained all the way home to Anderson, just 15 miles from the Missouri/Arkansas border. Ran the length of the state top to bottom and only got a bit wet around our collars, and that is because we didn't use the hoods and cinch up the collars. One neat thing about them is that they have a rubberized pad where you sit so yo don't slide around on the seat. I would say they are all-day rain suits. The only drawback is thhat they are bulky, and take up a lot of room in the trunk (or saddlebags when I ride the Harley) especially when I include the rain boots. The smallest I get them is a cube about 2' on a side.

I am very happy with my HD Gortex rainsuits. Since Gortex breaths they are not much of a wind break in cold weather. On the flip side since they do breath they are comfortable in warm weather. The bottom line is they do keep me dry riding in the rain.I have ridden for hours in the rain and remained dry.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png