Lehman Disc Brake Conversion

Still out there?

Hello, I have a 2002 Goldwing with a Lehman trike kit which already has disc brakes, but the costs are out of this world for replacement parts. Does your conversion use off the shelf items?

hello, i have a 2002 goldwing with a lehman trike kit which already has disc brakes, but the costs are out of this world for replacement parts. Does your conversion use off the shelf items?

i apologize for the cost of these discontinued parts. Even when lehman was producing these kits the costs were high. I offer replacement parts that are harder to get and sometimes i am the sole source. I consider it my job to keep you rolling with replacement parts and that is my purpose. It is your job to justify the costs. My conversions are not off the shelf and in many cases they are modified to fit your trike.

Generally a customer gets between 15-25k on a set of pads @$75.00 a set

generally a customer gets between 30-50k on a set of rotors @$219.00 each

that is $588.00 for 30-50k.

The upgraded brake kit is $995.00 ...... Sounds like 100k mileage and pads would still need to be changed out periodically.

The only time i see a justification in drums to discs is because of drum brake reactions in wet conditions.

How do I convert drum to disc on 1994 Sportster with Lehman trike kit?

Just an update here. I have just completed what I would call the supreme test of my disc brake conversion. 2,800 miles up the Cherohala, Blue Ridge, and Skyline Drive. Deals Gap and Dragon's Tail included. Never had a single problem, never faded in the rain and every possible test of stopping power presented itself...including the deer in the road and that camper making a U-turn in the middle of the Blue Ridge. Nothing is loose, nothing fell off, nothing leaked, nothing has to be adjusted and pad wear is nominal.

This is not solely a Lehman conversion. Many late model kits still come with drum brakes and the conversion can be made on those also. When riding season is over and all that ice-n-snow is on the ground, this would be a good upgrade for the self proclaimed mechanical genus and master mechanic.

Nothing is broken or wasted and you can always go right back to your drums if you ever want to. You will loose a bucket full of parts and some pounds along the way. Those calipers and shiny rotors look real good through those wheels too!

Just an update here. I have just completed what I would call the supreme test of my disc brake conversion. 2,800 miles up the Cherohala, Blue Ridge, and Skyline Drive. Deals Gap and Dragon's Tail included. Never had a single problem, never faded in the rain and every possible test of stopping power presented itself...including the deer in the road and that camper making a U-turn in the middle of the Blue Ridge. Nothing is loose, nothing fell off, nothing leaked, nothing has to be adjusted and pad wear is nominal.

This is not solely a Lehman conversion. Many late model kits still come with drum brakes and the conversion can be made on those also. When riding season is over and all that ice-n-snow is on the ground, this would be a good upgrade for the self proclaimed mechanical genus and master mechanic.

Nothing is broken or wasted and you can always go right back to your drums if you ever want to. You will loose a bucket full of parts and some pounds along the way. Those calipers and shiny rotors look real good through those wheels too!

Can you give instructions to a gal that wants to convert her drum to disc brakes on 1994 Sportster with Lehman trike kit???

Leman’s Renegade Trike rear disk conversion

Hello Lee, my brother has an 06 Harley Ultra Classic with a Renegade Trike

and would like to convert it to disks, it’s a 4 x 4 1/4 bolt pattern with drums now,

belt driven.

do you sell a kit or sell a list of parts or ???

Thank you

Hello Lee, my brother has an 06 Harley Ultra Classic with a Renegade Trike

and would like to convert it to disks, it’s a 4 x 4 1/4 bolt pattern with drums now,

belt driven.

do you sell a kit or sell a list of parts or ???

Thank you

Rico, sorry to say that Lee H man, Has pasted away close to two years ago. He is no longer with us…🥲..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png