New member: research for future trike

Hello all,

Great site with alot of the information I'm looking for. Currently I ride a 99 Valkyrie Interstate. I had a right knee replacement last October. I think it will just be a matter of time before I'll need to get a trike.

Welcome to the family! And remember, once you've been three you'll never go back to two, wheels that is ThumbUp.

Welcome.....you are correct, it's all a matter of time! Ten years ago, I started thinking about the shotage of old dudes on two wheels..I thought my riding skills were invinceable. The reality is-age is a buttkicker! I still ride on two wheels, but am transitioning to three. It was real difficult for me to ride a trike because of 30 years of a regular bike. I have about 500 miles under my belt on my trike and it is getting better-there is hope for us all!!!ThumbUp:D

I had a Hannigan trike kit installed on my BMW K1200LT because I was about to sell it and my wife decided she would like to learn to ride if it was a trike. She hadn't had time to do any "learning" so I have been riding it. It is a lot of fun. Much different than two wheels. I really like it. I don't think I would have much trouble giving up the two wheeled machine if I had to.

I had a 97 Valk. They're great bikes! :10:

Many of the trike conversion manufacturers offer great kits for the Valkyries now. You're gonna love your Valk when she's triked! ThumbUp

After 50 years on two wheels mostly sport bikes moving to a trike was at 1st not too much fun , but as I rode and the more I rode the better it got , then talking to others on trikes and learing some usefull tips things got even better. I no longer worry with not being able to keep up with two wheels in the twisties I now worry about slowing so they can keep up with me LOL.

After 50 years on two wheels mostly sport bikes moving to a trike was at 1st not too much fun , but as I rode and the more I rode the better it got , then talking to others on trikes and learing some usefull tips things got even better. I no longer worry with not being able to keep up with two wheels in the twisties I now worry about slowing so they can keep up with me LOL.

Yep...waaaaay better Handlers than most Folks realize.....ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png