TT NE Rally Folks Update on Jim

Apr 8, 2009
Waverly, NY
Hey everybody we had a fabulous time & can't wait until next years rally. We almost did not go because Jim (he was the lone biker) was quite sick. He has a heart condition & we didn't think he would be well enough to go. Well he wanted to go so we did & he had a great time, even though he was the only guy on a bike. All of you welcomed him & the last thing he said when we left was "see you next year."

Shortly after we got home Jim's heart rate was in the 40's (normal is 60-100) and every other heart beat was irregular. He was rushed into the hospital for a heart cath (which was normal) & 3 days later he had a cardiac ablation to rid the irregular beats (which worked!) He's on some pretty strong heart medicines which took some time to adjust to & was admitted back into the hospital a week later for what ended up only being for observation but seeing his regular heart beat on the moniter was a blessing for us. We are so thankful for the miraculous doctor who cured him & today Jim was able to go back to work.

We both are thankful for the wonderful time we had at the rally because I was really unsure if this might be his last trip. Thankfully we will now be able to attend next years rally.

glad to hear Jim's ok, now if you can only get him to ride a trike -- see you guy's next year or maybe in Lake George

It is so good to hear that Jim's treatment was successful! What a frightening time for both of you! Please know our prayers and thoughts are with you guys, including thanksgiving prayers :D

Great to hear the news. Wow, didn't know Jim had a problem, but glad to hear he is doing fine. He is back playing with the Choo-Choos, good for him.
Can't wait till next year, tell Jim, Janice and I said to take care of himself so he will be there next year.
Hey, did you get your handlebars taken care of on your trike? Or is this going to be a winter project?
Take care and see you soon!

Regards,

Rosy
from NH

Here you go Leo!
That was not very nice about Jim's hair loss, maybe the hair is growth challenged! Poor Jim!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Last edited:
Joanne, I am so relieved to hear he's doing better and back to work (even though working sucks! LOL)!!! I knew he wasn't doing as well as he should have been, but I hadn't heard anything lately and I was starting to get worried about both of you!

I expect to see you both at Americade - wouldn't be breakfast without you two!! And hopefully at the next TTNE rally too!

Both of you take care, and please let me know if there's anything I can do!!

Hugs to you both!
Cheri

Joanne:
I knew that Jim wasn't well, but not that sereious. Glad to hear that he is doing better.
Both of you are in our prayers. Hope to see both of you at Americade and next years TT rally.
Tom

We have had our fingers crossed and hopefully the holter moniter will show that his procedure worked. I'll fill you in. Thanks for all the good thoughts and words from everyone.

Jim, hope things work out for you, I'm living with a heart valve, and a pacemaker I got almost 15 years ago. Pacemaker don't work, I don't work. So just take whatever they say you need, things will work out fine.

See you both next year.

Jim goes back in for more surgery today, this will be the most important surgery yet and hopefully his last. Please pray for him. We just want this to be all over soon.

Well there must have been alot of prayers being said for my husband because when he was put on the heart moniter his heart was beating perfectly so surgery was cancelled. Thanks to everyone who was praying for him. The doctors will moniter him every few weeks to make sure the irregular heartbeats don't return.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png