Checking out the 2013 harley tri-glide/ultra

Oct. 21, 2012

Friday I was out riding my GL1800 trike and decided to stop in the Harley dealer in Mt. Ephraim, New Jersey.( Barb's Harley Davidson). What a beautiful place. Not only were there Harley's as far as the eye could see but an HUGE clothing and accessories department also. I like their display so much that I started buying Harley clothes. I wore a Harley florescent yellow vest and told the staff there that I drive a Honda, and is it okay for me to shop here. They said absolutely YES. Yesterday I visited Brian's HD in Langhorne,Pa. Another absolutely gorgeous operation.

I can see why the Harley owners love their machines and their accessories. I believe that Barb's has the larger of the two apparel shops.

I sat on the 2013 Tri-glide and also the Ultra Tri-glide. The standard was about $32,000 and the Ultra was about $38,000. Both are beautiful machines. I would only buy trikes since I no longer can lug around the heavy two wheelers. That is what getting older does to you. LOL. I found it much harder to climb aboard the Tri-Glide the way the boards are placed. I find the GL is much easier to get aboard and too is very comfortable. Yes, the HD still resembles the original motorcycle and the Wing is more of a modern cycle covered with Tupperware.

Both are excellent touring or cruising machines. Each person picks whatever turns them on.

The Harley image will always be there. It is an American icon and always will be. Different Strokes for Different Folks. We ALL love to ride and I enjoy talking with all the riders of different motorcycles. It would be boring if all of us had the same bikes. And if we couldn't tease each other about their bikes, then that would be no fun either. Teasing is NOT the same as insulting. Live to Ride.

Gordon L.

(Delanco, New Jersey):GL1800:

A few of my friends are tall and they can't be comfortable on the Wing due to the fairing being very large and the knees will hit it. One of my friends bought the Ultimate seat that has 1 1/2 inches cut out of the seat so that he can sit back farther. This works perfectly for him. Therefore height and weight also help to determine which motorcycle is better suited for different body sizes. I do believe that there is NO bike that can be modified as much as the Harley's. Kudo to HD and their great quality and workmanship. This is why all the Harley riders are 110% loyal to the company and their bikes.

Last edited:
I sat on the 2013 Tri-glide and also the Ultra Tri-glide. The standard was about $32,000 and the Ultra was about $38,000. Both are beautiful machines.

I don't know what you mean. To my knowledge Harley only makes one TriGlide model, unless you mean the 110 Anniversary Edition or that the dealer added a bunch of accessories. I didn't think the Anniversary Edition was six grand more though.

My guess is that the "ultra" the OP is referring to is actually a 110th Anniversary Edition TriGlide.

Harley-Davidson+Tri+Glide+Ultra+Classic+110th+Anniversary+Edition+(2013)+Front+Side.jpg

My dealer got a 110 aniv TG in yesterday...Very nice 2 tone rootbeer & bronze color with the bronze badges and custom seat. Comes with a luggage rack and a coupla other extras for $33,500. The standard TG is $32,000 here also. They both look very naked sittin' next to mine. It is easy to forget everything $$ that we add to our Trikes till you park next to a new one that is stock.

They also have a 2013 CVO Roadking that is the 2 tone blue with the new Hard Candy crushed saphire paint job. Has a 110 SE motor. Chrome wheels.. One of the most striking looking factory bikes I have ever seen. No two are alike with this paint job. $34,000.

They had 4 of them,, only 1 left.

Whats an Ultra TriGlide? Would like to see one.

Harley makes and sells two models of the Tri Glide, one is the stripped down Street Trike verson without the tour pax and all the goodies, and the tri glide ultria that comes with all the goodies. The Annv issuse is the Ultra model.I have the Ultra and my son has the street trike verson.ThumbUp

Harley makes and sells two models of the Tri Glide, one is the stripped down Street Trike verson without the tour pax and all the goodies, and the tri glide ultria that comes with all the goodies. The Annv issuse is the Ultra model.I have the Ultra and my son has the street trike verson.ThumbUp

Begging your pardon, but there is only the Ultra now. They discontinued the Street Glide Trike (FLHXXX) with the 2011 model year. I know cause I have one. Mine is a 2010 though. I prefer it's "stripped down" look. Only adder for me was the smaller antenna and a luggage rack. It's low, black and sexy! :D

The difference in price between the 2 models? Maybe it is like one of the HD dealers in our area:
1) Recieve basic bike or trike from HD factory
2) Uncrate, do dealer prep
3) Remove grips, pegs, floorboards etc.
4) Throw HD accessories catalog at bike/trike
5) Add cost of accesories and labor to price
6) Increase price over that by 10% - 15% due to "customization"
7) Place on sales floor

The other deale in my area may do this to some extent with a bike/trike, but they always have a basic model available, too.

Stan is correct-only one TG model.

I was at my dealers "New Model Introduction" I don't like brown bikes, but I have to admit I like the TG anniversary color (it's still brown to me). :)

I noticed that the trunk door was just a plain "brown" color - no metalflake like the rest of the bike. I asked the GM why that was and he instected it and was shocked and said he will contact Harley and get an answer.
Did anyone else notice that? Is it like that on other colors?
I'd be pissed if I got a TG and the trunk door was not the same as the rest of the bike. My 2012 sunglow red is the same color as the rest of my trike.
If that is SOP, Harley better shape up.

I can't imagine the anniversay model costing more then $1K over the std model. It's just a different color and a couple badges and emblems.
Dealer must have loaded that other trike will gobs of accessories for that kind of price increase.

I also didn't like the solid black on the lowers instead of the main color.

Ozarkryder,
While on a work trip last week I stopped at an HD dealer in Virginia and noted that 'dealer prep' on a trike was $1,500. The DP on all other models was ridiculous also and varied with price of model. A good way to get around selling for msrp eh?

D.

Dealer Prep, accessories that the dealer put on and won't remove, other charges....

I have never bought a brandy new from the dealer bike. My HD was from a private party, Gloria's first trike, a Trike Shop V-Cycle Runabout was from the Trike Shop, but was 3 or 4 years old at the time. Her purpleness, a GL1500 MotorTrike was a private party sale and our current GL1800 Champion was used from a Harley dealer in Iowa. Someone else can take the hit on dealer prep and depreciation.

On the other hand, my wife insists on getting new cars. Usually last years models so the price is a bit lower, but no previous owner. :Shrug: Go figure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png