• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Personal (vanity) plates- who has them?

I have NY-911 on the trike: I had nuyorkr on my car but decided to get reg. plates

Trike004.jpg

I have "1984G" for my 1200 Standard GoldWing...not so special.:(
Here in Ontario we are only allowed 5 characters for motorcycles. I asked for a few different ones..but they were all taken.:Shrug:

I guess I was thinking M/C only, but I see some of you listed other vehicles too; My PT Cruiser has Q-RIOT after an 80's? hard rock band, my Caravan has Q-200 after Bert Rutans' home built fiberglass aircraft, and my '83 Honda Sabre had V-45...still have that plate but not the bike.:(
I see that some of you in the U.S.A. are saying that even vanity plates need to be renewed..or someone else can get it?
Hmmm..here they are permanent..they are expensive..last time I got one it was $260.:censored: We can sell them, but no need to renew them. We just get a new validation sticker once per yr. Currently it's $74..:D

Just talked to my friend who got an '03 1800 GoldWing trike w matching trailer..we talked about vanity plates..now they are $276.50!!:AGGHH:

I've always thought about what would be the hardest plate to remember if (for whatever reason) someone was trying to remember my tag number as I was speeding away....any thoughts?

With the Texas vanity I just ordered (thanks for reminding me :laugh: ) you can only have 4 characters. Mine is below.
scootertag.jpg

The SS is the Navy's designator for submarines and the VT is for VET since I can only have 4 characters total.

If you don't mind me asking,what does TX charge now for a m/c vanity plate?
Car vanity plates are extremely expensive now and I was wondering if bike plates had seen the big rate increases,too.

Clint, the specialty plate fee is $30 and the personalization fee is $40. The TXDOT web site says the specialty fee must be paid annually in addition to the registration fee. It doesn't mention the personalization fee so I'm guessing that may be a one time fee. I saw a guy the other day who had a Navy tag with his SeaBee rate EO1 (equipment operator 1st class) on his bike. He said you had to contact them directly to order the military plates.

Texas Special Plate Order Site

The plate I want for our trike would be $195/yr. It used to be $40/yr. :mad:
If I'm not mistaken,that's just the vanity fee and the regular $55/yr registration is extra. Sorry but I'm not going to pay our greedy state $250/yr for a silly license plate.

Indiana firefighter plate.
Here we have an excise tax on all motor vehicles. 2013 plates for my 11 TG, $475.00. Go figure!
40 of that is for the firefighter (vanity) plate.

I just bought my first trike this week. 2010 TG. I was searching last night on the Motor Vehicle site for my state and found TRIKE is still available. So I went with that...

best ever vanity plate I saw was in VA on a brand new Cherokee ....washis

no hard feelings there.......ThumbUp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png