rake kits

Thank you Nana for your reply. I have a 1996GW SE. Can't decide between 3 4.5 or 6 degree rake. Would appreciate advise. Thanks very much.Am a new green member.

The Roadsmith, like the Hannigan uses the long and wide rear suspension setup called a "trailing arm suspension". A 6 degree rake is what I recommend for your trike. You'll love it. I sell these delivered for just $695 to TT.com members....all USA made 6061 billet with new tapered bearings and fork extensions included. PM me for details.

Re BAZOOKA Do all 6 degree rakes need fork extensions?

The Roadsmith, like the Hannigan uses the long and wide rear suspension setup called a "trailing arm suspension". A 6 degree rake is what I recommend for your trike. You'll love it. I sell these delivered for just $695 to TT.com members....all USA made 6061 billet with new tapered bearings and fork extensions included. PM me for details.
Hi Bazooka Do all 6degree rake kits need fork extensions on 1996 GW roadsmith trike.

One caution I would add, I own a 2012 GW Roadsmith and I got the 5.5 rake which is to me very sensitive to steering pressure.

While I have great respect for Zook and the advice he gives, I think I might find a 6 deg rake a bit much.

This is my third trike and I've had 4, 5 and 5.5 rakes and have pretty much become accustomed to the race car steering response, but word of caution - if you get the 6 deg take your time getting used to it before you take on the twisties.

(Disclaimer - my comment is based on experience with current GW/Roadsmith. I've also had Hannigan and Lehman conversions. Your mileage may vary.)

Re: Re BAZOOKA Do all 6 degree rakes need fork extensions?

Hi Bazooka Do all 6degree rake kits need fork extensions on 1996 GW roadsmith trike.

Yes they do. Also, I sell about 10 to 1 of the 6 degree VS the 4.5 degree and have had no complaints.

How long are extenions and do i need them for my 1996gw with roadsmith trike?

Yes you do.
Anytime a set of modified Triple Trees are installed, Fork Tube Extensions of proper length (determined by increase in degree) must be added to return the Unit's front to correct height and overall "level" of the Machine.
This is true regardless of Bike at the core or Brand of Trike conversion installed.

Yes you do.
Anytime a set of modified Triple Trees are installed, Fork Tube Extensions of proper length (determined by increase in degree) must be added to return the Unit's front to correct height and overall "level" of the Machine.
This is true regardless of Bike at the core or Brand of Trike conversion installed.
Thanks for your reply .I had a very bad experience with my installer and don't have exstenions so trike is low in front and handles badly pulls hard to the right.

Bad installers really can be the main problem with a trike conversion. Wish there was some better way to grade these folks without spending a bunch of money to find out. RIDE SAFE

Yes you do.
Thank you for your input much appriciated.fishmar.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png