New bike soon to be triked

Aug 13, 2009
Wayne, Mi USA
As some folks know I wrecked my 05 Venture / Tri-Winged trike a while back and recently was hunting down a replacement. Well I brought home today a 09 Yamaha Venture as a start and will soon be making arrangments to have it converted by Hannigan. This a pic by the previous owner. I'll put some up soon.
Larry
VentureRider.Org

Pegasus1300 I chose Hannigan this time around due to a couple of reasons.While I did like and enjoy the Tri-Wing I chose Hannigan because I wanted the independent suspension, disc brakes, larger storage trunk that Hannigan offers. I also liked the wider, lower, & longer stance of the Hannigan which I feels adds stability and smoothness to the ride. Of course all of this comes with added costs but I feel well worth it in the end. At the time I built the 05 RSV up with the Tri-Wing kit I was new to triking and on a limited budget thus necessitating the choice I made back then. I did enjoy the Tri-Wing very much and put on about 35k during the 5 years I had the conversion on the bike. We are just looking for the smoother ride and conveniences that that we'll have with the Hannigan trike. Having ridden other members Hannigan trikes I know I'm making a good choice too.
Larry
100_5262Small.jpg

100_5260Small.jpg

100_5261Small.jpg

I recently saw a RS Venture with Hannigan trike conversion and it was a good looking set up. Sure you will be happy with your choice. Please post some pictures when complete.

Yep I think so too. pepper But then red is one of my favorite colors.
I had a 01 Suzuki Volusia with the red over black paint theme as well. It too was a nice bike but not in the same class as these road sofas.;)
Larry

Larry, Leo3wheel has the same color scheme, triked by the same you want. He can be found here or venturerider.org, I'm sure he'll send you some pics so you can get a idea what you're will look like.

Thanks for those pics Jonesy. The only difference between his & mine will be the running boards I'm adding on. Hopefully after the holidays are over I'll get the bike into the shop. Gives me more healing time as well.
Found out today from the Doc I had two broken ribs and not just one as previously was thought. Ouch
Larry

Well between us and John at Hannigan's we've got the ball rolling on gettre done. I'll be dropping the bike off after the first of Feburary for the conversion. Could of done it sooner but wanted to get the holidays out of the way as well as getting healed up more. Hopefully completely by then.
Larry

Is it done yet ... Hit me on venturers.org when you get it done .. Can't wait to see it ..
To be honest I haven't touched the bike since getting it home. Just haven't felt up to doing anything on it. Oh I did some arm chair stuff like ordering a few goodies for it but that's been the limit of it. Current plans call for it to go to the shop the first week of Feburary. Hopefully I'll be well by then plus the holidays will be over too.
Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png