Battery charger

My regular battery charger is a Sears. It has 2, 10 and 50 Amp settings. I have it for quite a few years and it still works perfectly.

As far as a trickle charger, I use the "Battery Tender" exclusively. It also works great! ThumbUp

Years ago I bought a Yausa battery and their charger. Worked fine for me charging up a new battery, but ride too often to need to put the battery on a charger during the life of the battery.

I want a float or maintainer. I had a Battery Tender that died. May still go with the Battery Tender Plus. A three stage charger is the way to go.

I have three Battery Tenders. I use one on each of my Goldwings and one on my Simplicity lawn tractor. I also have a Craftsman 2 amp-10 amp charger I've had for thirty years. The Yuasa Battery in my 89 Wing will be 10 years old in the spring. The battery in my new lawn tractor failed after 6 months, go figure.

Battery Tender here - 3 - on second car and another bike. I think you'll find about 90% recommend the BT.
I also have a 40 year old 2/10/30 amp car charger - I never use that on a bike.

I plug the Harley in every time I return home.

I have three of these and bought at Wally World:
Schumacker Battery Companion SEM 1562A 6/12 Volts
Lawnmover/Motorcycle/ATV
Tricle Charge 1.5 Amps
Plug them in, in Novenber time frame and forget about them till April comes around. ThumbUp
Good luck!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I use Yuasa Automatic 12V 900 mA battery chargers and the Battery Tender jr. chargers. I have pigtails on all my bikes and my car. I keep one on my car all the time and the bikes I'm not riding. I just bought six volt Battery Tenders for my model T and model A and when I buy new batteries for them they will get the Battery Tenders and pigtails put on. I have a Palmer electric trike that has two golf cart batteries that I also keep on a Yuasa battery charger. So yes I think they worth using.

It depends on what you need the charger for, I have a regular roll around unit that does 6 & 12 volt with a bunch of settings including a 200 amp jump, I have a smaller unit that I used on the RV & use on the batteries in the 28ft enclosed trailer and I have at least 5 or 6 Battery Tenders for the bikes, ATV & Ford tractor. So it really depends what it's for, you can't beat Battery Tenders or something similar for maintenance charging.

Battery tenders boils my batterys

Battery minder is what i use ,,,
supposedly it desulfates the battery when needed and maintains.
39$ on line or northern tool..
i recovered a 8 yr old car battery that was laying in the garage with this.

I've always had good luck with Battery Tender - I have 3. Also, I recently got one of these. Seems to get good reviews and has worked well for me so far. Not exactly a "bargain" at around $80 (shop around, I got mine new in box on eBay) - but it's supposed to be the "latest & greatest" technology...we'll find out.

I use Battery Tender Jr., but I do not leave it on the Trike. When the light changes to solid green, I take it off.

Even on the coldest winters, this only has to be done every 3 or 4 weeks, though if this winter is like last winter, I won't use the Battery Tender, Jr. at all. I'll ride and ride and ride

Mine is connected all the time except when riding. That's the whole idea of a smart charger. If I was to go out to the freezing garage and disconnect it every time it turned green, I might as well use my cars 2/10/30 charger and save the money. :Coffee:

I'm lazy so I don't want to have to keep going out to check the battery and worry if I forgot to.

The "battery tender" is a must, if your bike has a constant draw, such as an alarm or clock, the other trickle chargers will over charge and burn up your bike battery.
I found out the hard way. You can keep the "BATTERY TENDER" plugged in all the time.

The "battery tender" is a must, if your bike has a constant draw, such as an alarm or clock, the other trickle chargers will over charge and burn up your bike battery.
I found out the hard way. You can keep the "BATTERY TENDER" plugged in all the time.

Not really. You can buy battery chargers that have a maintainance feature that act as a tender for less dollars often than a regular tender.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png