insurance information

Re: Trike insurance

Sounds as if you need to get a new agent, maybe even new company.
We pay 360.00 annually for my wife's 2012 Triglide and 162.00 for my 2010 Road king with Allstate.

:Agree: I'm with Allstate also, they're insuring my 06 Ultra Classic and my 2010 Triglide for right around the same amount.

Checked with my State Farm agent today, about insurance on trike.

He said no go, they don't do that in Mississippi. They talked to a underwriter.

Have a 1 ton dodge, Blazer Taurus sho, Saab 9000CD, And Yamaha road star 1700 insured.

So need to start looking, have paid for trike kit in full when i ordered it.

Have been with State Farm since 1969, yes not a typo 1969.

His secretary called me :mad::mad:

We HAD State Farm for close to 30 years. 2 years ago we got a notice they were cancelling our home owners insurance because they were leaving Florida that they were losing too much money. They said however they would continue to carry my auto and motorcycle policies, of which I said NOT, you cancel one policy I cancel all others!!!! Purchased Allstate and saved money!

Checked with my State Farm agent today, about insurance on trike.

He said no go, they don't do that in Mississippi. They talked to a underwriter.

Have a 1 ton dodge, Blazer Taurus sho, Saab 9000CD, And Yamaha road star 1700 insured.

So need to start looking, have paid for trike kit in full when i ordered it.

Have been with State Farm since 1969, yes not a typo 1969.

His secretary called me :mad::mad:

Just go with a company that insures Bikes, My house, cars, and truck are all insured by Allstate, But my Tri, Bike, ATV, and Side By side are all insured with,
Foremost Insurance Co.
P/S Iv'e been with Allstate since 1963.

In Arkansas I use State Farm. Our Trike is insured as if it was a bike with an expensive accessory attached to the rear. Its a 2003 FLHTCUI Tour Glide. Insurance costs about $400 a year. We have several vehicles, other bikes and a house with the same agent for many years.

Just a heads up. Be sure that your insurance coverage covers medically the driver of the trike as well as the passenger!!!! Some cover the Passenger and not the Driver and others cover the Driver and not the Passenger. I know of one that covers neither. Better to check and be sure you are covered all around.

I have an 2005 Ultra Classic/Lehman. With Allstate I am paying $600 plus for the trike for a year. I have the house, 2 life, 2 boats, motorhome, 2 cars and a pickup with them, thought he had given me a good price. Liability of $100,000, $300,000 not state minimum, the others with Allstate are you at that level, if so looks I may be paying twice the price I should. No tickets in more than 25 years, that statement may come back to bite me in the ass.

For an '06 GL1800 with $16,000 in accessories, $500 deductible, full coverage, and two bikes insured. Progressive charges me $330 in West Texas for my trike. Seems pretty fair compared to others.. I'm satisfied :D :D :D

I have an 2005 Ultra Classic/Lehman. With Allstate I am paying $600 plus for the trike for a year. I have the house, 2 life, 2 boats, motorhome, 2 cars and a pickup with them, thought he had given me a good price. Liability of $100,000, $300,000 not state minimum, the others with Allstate are you at that level, if so looks I may be paying twice the price I should. No tickets in more than 25 years, that statement may come back to bite me in the ass.

I have 1 car, my home and both my 06 Ultra and 2010 Triglide with them. Both my bike and trike have liability of $250,000 & $500,000. I just received the bill for my bike & trike, the payment in full price is $494.44 for the year.

I am paying $270 for $100/$300 and full collision on a 2007 GL1880 with a
CSC Cobra conversion through AARP/FOREMOST.

Got nailed by a deer last year and the only question asked was if I was OK.

Trike was repaired to a cost of $5000 and I only paid deductable.

No rate increase.

l live in Oklahoma, and insure a 09 vstar 950, 10 vstar 950 11 victory crossroads 106 and my 04 gl 1800 w/motortrike kit. my total insurance annually is $1267.00 of which $648.00 of it is for the trike alone. l have progresive insurance. total value of the three other bikes 37k, total of wing 21k. Anyone see something wrong with this picture?

l live in Oklahoma, and insure a 09 vstar 950, 10 vstar 950 11 victory crossroads 106 and my 04 gl 1800 w/motortrike kit. my total insurance annually is $1267.00 of which $648.00 of it is for the trike alone. l have progressive insurance. total value of the three other bikes 37k, total of wing 21k. Anyone see something wrong with this picture?

I know the area you live in says a lot but that sure is a big difference between yours and mine... :Shrug: :Shrug: :Shrug: Don't have a reason of it all....

Just got my renewal from Foremost Ins.. Same as last year, $470, for full coverage. Fire, theft, collision. Replacement cost total price $42,000! Local agent was $100 better than AARP!! :D Tom :GL1800:

Trike Insurance

Is there a separate classification for trike insurance? If so, are the rates generally more or less than 2-wheelers? Just picked up my 1st trike from the shop today. Can't wait to get out on the road today for the inaugural ride.

Re: Trike Insurance

Is there a separate classification for trike insurance? If so, are the rates generally more or less than 2-wheelers? Just picked up my 1st trike from the shop today. Can't wait to get out on the road today for the inaugural ride.

Most insurance companies deal with trikes as an accessory. Seems like I've heard of a couple that actually have rates but that might also be some sort of dream. I have $21K of accessories on my '06 GL1800.....

Re: Trike Insurance

I have my insurance with Progressive its insured as 2005 Goldwing. I told the lady it was a trike all she asked for was total price paid( $28,000) for trike . I have always had good luck with Progressive I hope that remains true in the future . Greg Christian

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png