• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

insurance information

Hey guys... new to the site. IM planning a v8 diesel build this year. My state farm agent said they only insure factory built trikes. Do y'all know of a company that insures homemade trikes!?!?! I have all the other roadblocks for my build cleared. Insurance is the last one.

That's going to take some checking around. Besides the company policy some change based on what state you are in as to what they cover.

I guess I will shop around. I have Allstate and discovered last week I had $1,000 coverage on accessories. I told the idiot it was a trike up front. He is getting me a quote and I will probably look around.

I have Allstate and had the same problem, I now have $12,000 accessory coverage.

I have Allstate and had the same problem, I now have $12,000 accessory coverage.

Unless you have an "agreed value" policy, most insurance will cover the original motorcycle as it came from the factory, and anything else, like the trike kit, aftermarket farkles, custom seats, pin striping, etc is under the accessory or (as my insurance calls it) customization. We have $17,000 of "customization" coverage. The cost isn't that much, and I am thinking of adding to that as the original bike isn't worth all that much - the insurance company values the as from the factory motorcycle without a rear wheel, driveling, brakes, saddlebags, fenders, other missing parts and possibly an altered frame or other systems. The original motorcyle isn't worth much onec you take off the aftermarket parts and trike kit. My ideal situation is to have the coverage of the original bike and the accessory coverage be just a little bit more than what it could cost to replace the rig if it were totaled.

I have Foremost and it is a little over $300 a year. If U are a member of USAA insurance

U can call them they will hook U with Foremost and U will get a discount for being a USAA member.

I'm with Foremost and pay $61 a month. What are your coverages? I think I'm 50/100/500. I'm in Kansas.

I have Foremost and it is a little over $300 a year. If U are a member of USAA insurance

U can call them they will hook U with Foremost and U will get a discount for being a USAA member.

Thank you I am a USAA member and this is very good to know, I just got my trike and haven't got to get it on the road yet since I am traveling all the time this week in Quebec and part of next week as well but I will get 4-5 days off the end of the month and I plan on getting it legal and getting on the road

I was with Foremost for well over 25 years, No accidents tickets or claims... Very happy with the cost, Then last year they sent me a letter saying that they will be raising their rates 17% in New Jersey....So i switched to GEICO..Dropped my rates in half...

If i live to be a hundred i'll still never understand insurance company's...

Progressive & Geico are very competitive unless you happen to be a Berkshire Hathaway employee then Geico will bet any other insurance.

Note some insurance companies offer an additional premium for accessories.

Insure your make and model of your trike like Goldwing and then if the assessor coverage will cover the conversion kit pick that amount of coverage. Trike kit is considered an accessory.

insurance diesel

That's going to take some checking around. Besides the company policy some change based on what state you are in as to what they cover.

progressive.same as builders titles,i haave same problem getting insurance cause frame /bike was knot built by manufacturer.progressive will insure it no quetions asked

Just to let everyone know, HD insurance is no longer underwritten by Progressive.

For me, the quote I just got in Missouri saved me 20% for better insurance.

I spelled that wrong, it's Markel & I signed with them a few days back & got better coverage at a substantial savings over Progressive.

insurance

I Have Geico, but several of my buddies have Progressive and they said they have no problems. One has had a claim and he said they took good care of him. I did the same thing with Geico making sure that mine is listed as a trike. The rep told me she was writing more and more trikes everyday. She said "I think they're cool"....:cool:

We have GEICO here in CA - had it for about 7 yrs. but neither the Wife/I have ever made a claim on our trikes.:)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png